There is a philosophical article on Rejection in today's (London) Times

The writer's no Hemingway-but nice obit by a trans woman for her mother

Another try at rewriting a more intriguing query letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's possible for a person to be a reject. Perhaps some things they've said, or written, or done, might not have worked with some of the people who read, or heard, or saw, but that doesn't make the person a reject.

Carl Jung said, "Man can not stand a meaningless life." So in seeking that meaning and uniqueness, we can't help but not always fit into someone else's box. I think the key is to find those who find meaning in your perspective, and you theirs.

"Reject" requires such a judgement on others. You either have to wear your rejection with pride which means a rejection of those who reject you. This makes you an Incel of one kind or another. Or you internalise the rejection and give the rejectors the power. I don't like either choice. Already wriggled out of that cocoon.
Rejection is just a speed bump of life. Write like you're Van Gogh whose paintings never sold til he was a dead. (Also there is fascinating research that he didn't commit suicide but was shot. By a 16 yr old boy playing Buffalo Bill Cody.) Was Vincent van Gogh Murdered?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The writer's no Hemingway-but nice obit by a trans woman for her mother

Another try at rewriting a more intriguing query letter.

Back