The time has come.

M

A mosquito of an idea

Bookmarks - what do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason Byrne

So, it's been about four months, I've set aside writing to focus entirely on sending queries, beta-reading, Litopia, and developing an author Twitter. I put in a normal day's writing work on May 29th, and then just stopped. I never question it — I just figure the next part of the story will be wrong if I write it yet, so I wait until one day something spectacular comes to me that would not have made it into the book if I had just keep on plugging away past that section. Sometime's it's been three days; sometimes it's been a year and a half, but I always come back to it.

I just now got the feeling — it is time to pick the book back up. I'll have to read through what I wrote this past spring to get back into the flow of it, but it's time to balance being a writer with actually writing, again.

I know what you mean. I had to do the same with my second book. In the past week, I managed to increase it by two chapters. If things aren't clear you do what you got to do to clear out the webs.

I couldn't leave a story that long. A month would be maximum, well apart from another novel I haven't touched in a couple of months, but it's a separate project. Hope it flows nicely for you ;)

I couldn't leave a story that long. A month would be maximum, well apart from another novel I haven't touched in a couple of months, but it's a separate project. Hope it flows nicely for you ;)
The last book I wrote I stepped away from for a year and a half, and didn't write anything in the meantime. It was painful, but I was sure glad to begin again and finish it. That's part of why it took three years in total, to finish. So I wasn't too worried that I'd gotten to four months, but it was just starting to get a little old, not touching anything of my own work.

So! I'll keep up with beta-reading and Litopia at the same pace I was — I'll just be querying and then working on my own stuff after I've given everyone else's due attention.

Heh your initials are JAB. I love initials that make a word.
You know when I didn't love that? Middle school, when that was like a life-altering revelation, and the proper form of greeting became,
"Hey Jab! Hey Mr. Jab! Jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab..."

It looked cool on the Street Fighter high score list, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

A mosquito of an idea

Bookmarks - what do you use?

Back