• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

The most popular books of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Mein Kampf isn't on there. I hear it was a bestseller in its day.

I suppose that this list could be used as a test of how well-read one is...I hadn't heard of Dream of the Red Chamber before, but I've read all of the others, apart from The Koran and The Da Vinci Code. I absolutely refuse to read Dan Brown, or watch the movie adaptations of his books. I don't need to try something to know that it's rubbish. Someone once conned me into reading The Celestine Prophecy, and if I hadn't been on a Jumbo jet crossing the Atlantic at the time, I'd have thrown it at the nearest wall! To make matters worse, it was the only book that I had with me, so I ended up memorising the in-flight magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back