Fanfare! Submission Gong

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baen is 9-12 months, unfortunately. My expiration date is October 20th, 2015.
AH! Ok so for me it's the full 9 to 12 months... hell it's like being pregnant and not knowing what's coming... Actually it's not but hey it sounded good in my head lol

Or like being pregnant and waiting to find out at the end of the full term whether it was just gas. o_O

Good going everybody! Hopefully I can ring the gong soon, too. Just short stories for me right now, but I'm in the process of editing/fixing the last ten stories I wrote. (Sort of didn't take breathers in between them . . .)

Whoo! My first query submission is out! (Technically....)

I signed up for Writer's Digest's Thriller Online Writing Conference and, with it, came a query critique from an actual agent in our field. And, if they want to see more, they might ask! So I'm going to count this as submission Numero Uno. :)

(For those interested in the conference, it's 6/19 and 6/20 and 100% online. No having to get out of your jammies! :) You can sign up here: https://www.writersonlineworkshops.com/courses/thriller-writing-online-conference)

Hmmm, sounds interesting, though, I'm not sure I would have the time when it was needed... I'll take a look though :)

Congrats and I wish you every luck with your submission :)

EDIT - DUH! I don't write Thriller!!! It's waaaay tooo early for my noggin lol

Whoo! My first query submission is out! (Technically....)

I signed up for Writer's Digest's Thriller Online Writing Conference and, with it, came a query critique from an actual agent in our field. And, if they want to see more, they might ask! So I'm going to count this as submission Numero Uno. :)

(For those interested in the conference, it's 6/19 and 6/20 and 100% online. No having to get out of your jammies! :) You can sign up here: https://www.writersonlineworkshops.com/courses/thriller-writing-online-conference)
GONG! I like doing that way too much. Someone keep this mallet away from me.

Good luck! Fab friday for you.

Whilst I am booked in a hotel crying over my first printed MS which can only be described as disjointed. Needs so much rewriting, reworking and some much needed love. :oops:
Take heart that this is probably true of every Author. I cringe at my first one, although it has some great ideas in it. But a rework is fairly normal, and practice makes perfect they say. ;)

Take heart that this is probably true of every Author. I cringe at my first one, although it has some great ideas in it. But a rework is fairly normal, and practice makes perfect they say. ;)

Thank you. My first rung on the literary ladder is precariously squeaky. Need reinforcements. Feel a blog coming along - to remedy the situation.

Just finished editing the full MS. Am nearing the point of submission. Just need to type it up and final reading left.

The learning curve in writing my first novel has been so steep, I feel like one of my characters who parkour up a vertical wall! :D the knowledge gaps are being filled as a result my confidence has increased greatly. Just enjoying the moment here. ;)

Just finished editing the full MS. Am nearing the point of submission. Just need to type it up and final reading left.

The learning curve in writing my first novel has been so steep, I feel like one of my characters who parkour up a vertical wall! :D the knowledge gaps are being filled as a result my confidence has increased greatly. Just enjoying the moment here. ;)
Yay! That's great news @Emurelda :)

Ah yes... Nothing like the smell of horse manure on a Monday afternoon pmsl!

You know when I met Gordon I was dressed in a shredded strappy top with triple wide legged jack skeleton jeans on, chains hanging off the belt and a full length leather trench coat, and I and STANK to the heavens of horses because I'd had to come straight from work to puppy classes with rocket dog. He still asked me to to the pictures ;) 8 months later we were married. It seems 'eau de cheval' just does it for some pmsl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Back