• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Service Update Software update will start soon

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
LitBits
United-Nations
There’s a major software update about to start. So big that I’ve had to create a dummy site (a “staging” site) just to test whether it will be compatible with all the custom code we use here. I’m intending to start the upgrade later today, and to do so, the whole site will be unavailable for some hours.

If things go well, the site be be back online again this evening. If not, I’ll simply revert to a backup of the existing site. No data should be lost :)

You won’t immediately notice anything particularly new when it comes back up, although there will be some new features we’ll be able to roll out in weeks ahead.

Back