Help! Small scenes - advice needed

Domestic Bliss

Hi everyone - I came back to take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a writer doesn't feel insecure about their writing, something is desperately wrong.

That "insecurity" is the drive to improve, to seek growth and development as a person and a writer. As a nurse, teaching students, I always said, if you meet a nurse who claims to know everything: run the other way. Because that individual is dangerous.

It is the same with writing. No-one can know everything, or be perfect all the time. It is the questioning self that helps keep us grounded and ever-searching.

And that is no bad thing.

If a writer doesn't feel insecure about their writing, something is desperately wrong.

That "insecurity" is the drive to improve, to seek growth and development as a person and a writer. As a nurse, teaching students, I always said, if you meet a nurse who claims to know everything: run the other way. Because that individual is dangerous.

It is the same with writing. No-one can know everything, or be perfect all the time. It is the questioning self that helps keep us grounded and ever-searching.

And that is no bad thing.
Thank you very much, @Jimithyh, for your kind words. It's good to be reminded. I've been struggling with this novel, ever teetering at the brink of giving up on it, but some strange goblin keeps making me start up the computer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic Bliss

Hi everyone - I came back to take a look

Back