Short Uplifting films with a climate theme

News Just Released - Writing Killer Titles

How can I find out how many books a UK independent actually sells?

To add one to the bunch... Perhaps more about an environmental issue, but it contributes to climate change.

This is a short film I wrote and produced. This was done 7+ years ago. Thankfully, this particular issue has greatly improved since the days of our little film. (It's a licensed film, so please no sharing.)

(The website listed in the film is no longer active.)

To add one to the bunch... Perhaps more about an environmental issue, but it contributes to climate change.

This is a short film I wrote and produced. This was done 7+ years ago. Thankfully, this particular issue has greatly improved since the days of our little film. (It's a licensed film, so please no sharing.)

(The website listed in the film is no longer active.)

My husband works with venture capitalists. One of his clients was sent a paper by desperate oceanologists that the plastic in the ocean is actually causing a lot of the higher temps. Something that could be fixed pretty easily. Just stop producing plastic and start dredging it out of the ocean and disposing of it in recycling centres that actually work. The science is there to do-the centres just need to be built. I think of this everytime I bring home shopping and unwrap plastic while listening to our "environmental" minister tell us the solution is to take shorter showers and boil just enough water for tea....

I was that girl in the film we did. Except I was an adult and I used my own money. Back when grocery stores were still using plastic bags, putting 2 items in each, handing them out from their infinite supply, I was beside myself about it. I'd go to the grocery store every weekend and buy 30 cloth bags and give them out to people in line. $1 bags. They acted like I was giving them a cinnamon roll with chocolate on top. From the contents of their carts, I couldn't understand how they wouldn't spend $1 on a bag. But they were so grateful to get them for free. Thus the idea for the story was born. I figured they'd donate money to a cute kid trying to save the environment, without thinking of doing it themselves. The grocery store we shot at was very behind the film. The local owners petitioned to the main chain to stop with the plastic. Wasn't long after that they stopped them completely. One of the first stores here to do that.

It's like you're saying, no one wants to be the one to do it, they want someone else to do it and they'll clap and nod. Thankfully there's some momentum and some reduced plastics, just not enough. I mean people are primed and ready to follow, they just need someone (government???) to step the fuck up and set the rules.

I was that girl in the film we did. Except I was an adult and I used my own money. Back when grocery stores were still using plastic bags, putting 2 items in each, handing them out from their infinite supply, I was beside myself about it. I'd go to the grocery store every weekend and buy 30 cloth bags and give them out to people in line. $1 bags. They acted like I was giving them a cinnamon roll with chocolate on top. From the contents of their carts, I couldn't understand how they wouldn't spend $1 on a bag. But they were so grateful to get them for free. Thus the idea for the story was born. I figured they'd donate money to a cute kid trying to save the environment, without thinking of doing it themselves. The grocery store we shot at was very behind the film. The local owners petitioned to the main chain to stop with the plastic. Wasn't long after that they stopped them completely. One of the first stores here to do that.

It's like you're saying, no one wants to be the one to do it, they want someone else to do it and they'll clap and nod. Thankfully there's some momentum and some reduced plastics, just not enough. I mean people are primed and ready to follow, they just need someone (government???) to step the fuck up and set the rules.
Yeah. The reaction to the government environmental lecture on long showers and kettle boiling was derision. Ye eejits are pissin in the wind. They knew more than governments. Problem is plastic is fossil fuels that STILL get HUGE tax subsidies in the US and they've doubled down on plastics production. They are geared up to produce about 5 times as much. Partly based on MBA projections of food costs rising so they want less wastage. So more radiation, smaller packing as people can afford less etc. 440409621_356743477419181_6720301323207431217_n.jpg

I honestly didn't know what reaction to give that as it was such a mix of "too right" and "holy hell" and "so depressing." What emoji covers that?

I honestly didn't know what reaction to give that as it was such a mix of th-3943591408.jpeg"too right" and "holy hell" and "so depressing." What emoji covers that?
I know. Maybe just a picture of an Easter Island statue?

In 2016 one of the main objections to HRC was that she sponsored these treaties. Sanders called her out on them. The dems insisted they would NOT have the effect of making countries have to kowtow to fossil fuel companies. And yet-here we are.

News Just Released - Writing Killer Titles

How can I find out how many books a UK independent actually sells?

Back