September writing goals.

It's Research!

12 hour Short Story - Lee Child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will write another short story, for entering into a writing competition, possibly next year. I may begin a second novella about one my favourite characters, a traumatised American Civil War veteran, who's on his way to help his sister rebuild her plantation which was destroyed by Sherman in his scorched earth march through the South. I first wrote about Art Palmer in a story called Burpwallow Holler, back in 2013, and I want to find out what he does next!

I write fiction so slowly I should make goals for the end of the decade not the month. To revise the opening chapter of a novel. To restructure a possible speculative fiction for submission.

Out here it is an early dry spring in the southern hemisphere, so I plan to eat asparagus and walk on the beach looking at dolphins and calving whales. Mermaids singing each to each, etc.

Not getting much writing done today. Phone calls asking me for to do medium-ship for a deceased kitty, bless, and another just now for help to break a hex that he says is wreaking havoc on his family.

None of which is part of the advertised service, so I'll do what I can but I won't charge.

You couldn't make it up.

Well, you could, of course, but I ain't.

I'm hoping to get one MS to the final editing stage and another to beta reader stage. Lots of editing for me in September! I also have 2 short stories I want to finish for particular opportunities, and two finished stories I'm determined to find a home for. And I need to prepare for a children's writers workshop I'm going to in early October, where I have an opportunity to pitch to a few publishers--got to make sure I have something to pitch! (working on those log lines we talked about today in village hall...)

Only a day late!

Pretty boring really. Hit my daily word target and am x amount further forward with my WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Research!

12 hour Short Story - Lee Child

Back