• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Reviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul V

Basic
LitBits
Hello All.
I hope you've all had a good Easter break. Mine was ok until I managed to bugger my calf muscle when my mountain bike and I parted company going down a fairly quick downhill route...:rolleyes: On the plus side, being less mobile for a few days will give me an opportunity to write more!

Anyway, finally after self publishing on Amazon 6 years ago and 3125 downloads, I've finally reached 100 reviews/ratings! (4.5 overall) To me, that is a fairly poor ratio. What are your review/ratings experiences as indie authors? How do you go about getting more reviews?
Cheers.
Paul

Hello All.
I hope you've all had a good Easter break. Mine was ok until I managed to bugger my calf muscle when my mountain bike and I parted company going down a fairly quick downhill route...:rolleyes: On the plus side, being less mobile for a few days will give me an opportunity to write more!

Anyway, finally after self publishing on Amazon 6 years ago and 3125 downloads, I've finally reached 100 reviews/ratings! (4.5 overall) To me, that is a fairly poor ratio. What are your review/ratings experiences as indie authors? How do you go about getting more reviews?
Cheers.
Paul
From what I've seen written, the ratio of readers to reviews is about 110:1.

I'd love to know how to get more reviews.

One minor thing you can do is to ask for them at the end of your book.
Write a nice note saying you hoped they enjoyed the book and how important reviews are + insert links direct to the review page for your book to make it easy for them.
There is also NetGalley but shop around for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back