Reviews...

Appealing to the senses

My fav book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All.
I hope you've all had a good Easter break. Mine was ok until I managed to bugger my calf muscle when my mountain bike and I parted company going down a fairly quick downhill route...:rolleyes: On the plus side, being less mobile for a few days will give me an opportunity to write more!

Anyway, finally after self publishing on Amazon 6 years ago and 3125 downloads, I've finally reached 100 reviews/ratings! (4.5 overall) To me, that is a fairly poor ratio. What are your review/ratings experiences as indie authors? How do you go about getting more reviews?
Cheers.
Paul

Hello All.
I hope you've all had a good Easter break. Mine was ok until I managed to bugger my calf muscle when my mountain bike and I parted company going down a fairly quick downhill route...:rolleyes: On the plus side, being less mobile for a few days will give me an opportunity to write more!

Anyway, finally after self publishing on Amazon 6 years ago and 3125 downloads, I've finally reached 100 reviews/ratings! (4.5 overall) To me, that is a fairly poor ratio. What are your review/ratings experiences as indie authors? How do you go about getting more reviews?
Cheers.
Paul
From what I've seen written, the ratio of readers to reviews is about 110:1.

I'd love to know how to get more reviews.

One minor thing you can do is to ask for them at the end of your book.
Write a nice note saying you hoped they enjoyed the book and how important reviews are + insert links direct to the review page for your book to make it easy for them.
There is also NetGalley but shop around for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appealing to the senses

My fav book

Back