Writers are Smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
Would appreciate it if you could take a moment to test our new streaming server. We've moved from ShoutCast (unreliable, likely to freeze the audio) to Icecast.

There's a test page here:

Litopia Radio 24/7 – brain food

There are several types of stream, please test them all. Some will not work on certain browsers.

Testing on more than one device (iPhone, Android etc) even more appreciated - thanks!

I listened to all 3 streams, 1-2 minutes each, on my laptop (Windows 7, Google chrome). All worked fine, excellent sound quality, no breaks.

Thanks folks. Funny about Android /Chrome. Anyone else confirm the lag on that setup?

BTW, IceCast sends an immediate burst of data on connection, which is intended to prevent this sort of lag.

If it helps. I found the embedded player worked without any problems, but the MP3 and OGG links both opened a download dialogue in Internet Explorer then proceeded to continually 'download' the stream with actually playing it.

Perhaps you can do something to make it idiot proof as generally that is the best way to get me to do anything successfully.

Have now added two more streams, MP3 PRO format and AAC+:

Litopia Radio 24/7 – brain food

Windows doesn't always play nicely with non-Windows formats, although it ought to stream MP3 ok. Installing non-Microsoft players, such as VLC, might work better than Windows media player.

They all work on my Windows 10 except AAC+ which buffers. Got my first Smartphone but not in the swim of it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Hello

Writers are Smart!

Back