Help! Questions for the Bookseller!

Writers and books. Singers and songs.

Fanfare! A second murder mystery hits the shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Octopus Messiah

Tomorrow on Litopia After Dark, one of our guests will be Neill Denny, former editor of the bookseller (2004-2012) and currently of Book Brunch. Neill was on the front lines of the great digital divide of publishing and not only knows what sells but what's selling. If anyone has any questions you'd like to ask him about publishing trends or general advice, please let me know and we'll put it to him if appropriate!

Our other guest is Christopher Norris, one of the founders of World Book Day who's currently working on bringing Jolabokaflod (new favorite Icelandic tradition/word) to the UK.

Please let me know by end of the day-- namechecks on me!

I'll have to think on this through the day, and let you know if something strikes me as worthwhile. Thank you, Ian.

The obvious question is what genres are trending, and which are waning. Although that leads to another obvious question, how quickly do those trends change.

How would he characterize the current zeitgeist in general, and how closely are books sitting alongside that, right now? Has he ever observed any significant disconnect, there? (as in, for example, trends towards escapism or avoidance)

If he knows this particular book, recently reviewed in The Bookseller; where shelf and genre- wise does Sharon Guskin's debut novel, 'The Forgetting Time' 'fit', would he say? (Flat Iron books/Pan Macmillan.)

http://www.thebookseller.com/tags-bookseller/forgetting-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writers and books. Singers and songs.

Fanfare! A second murder mystery hits the shelves

Back