You Can't Say That!

Amusement Valley Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara

Emeritus
Nov 10, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Does anyone know of a novel which switches POV as the story unfolds?

I'm considering changing from first person POV to third as the protagonist crashes and loses touch with himself. Not sure it'll work. Not sure if it's a good idea. Any thoughts?

There's a young adult novel I won't be able to remember the name of which does ... it was very popular a few years ago. I didn't like it but the point of view changed every chapter. It's Need or Feed or something like that. I will look for it and if I find it I will come back.

I didn't like it because I knew when the chapter started with a new pov that that was the character that was about to die. That's at least one reason the pov changed. The pov character was dead. But the people in the book club enjoyed it and it didn't bother them.

I'm considering changing from first person POV to third as the protagonist crashes and loses touch with himself. Not sure it'll work. Not sure if it's a good idea. Any thoughts?
Sounds good to me. Try it and see how it works. You might want to explore a font change at the same time.

There's a young adult novel I won't be able to remember the name of which does ... it was very popular a few years ago. I didn't like it but the point of view changed every chapter. It's Need or Feed or something like that. I will look for it and if I find it I will come back.

I didn't like it because I knew when the chapter started with a new pov that that was the character that was about to die. That's at least one reason the pov changed. The pov character was dead. But the people in the book club enjoyed it and it didn't bother them.
Thanks, Amber. I'll have a google later.

Yes, it can work really well, so if it feels right I think you should go for it. David Mitchell does this kind of thing to good effect in some of his books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You Can't Say That!

Amusement Valley Girls

Back