Pet Peeves: Using The Correct Word

Giving it away for free

Writing For Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really go out of my way to not make mistakes on formal writing thingiemajigs, but I still make them. For that reason I'm really not so fussed about seeing a typo here or there, or accidentally using the wrong word. It happens. I think you can tell the difference between someone who really hasn't bothered, and someone who has but just got something wrong. Of course, I'm mostly talking about websites, tweets, whatever here. I guess I'm a grammar liberal democrat.

I'm pretty good with most of those, after much practice and reading up on the rules, but now I have the desire to check my in case and piqued just in case

Thanks for sharing. I actually did myself a word doc a while back with past and passed, and other things I second guess. It really helps to have a reference.

Not just me! Lol.
I'm on a keyboard and that happens to me, from time to time. Usually because I've been off looking for the perfect meme.

alan-rickman-meme-generator-i-know-what-you-re-thinking-you-re-right-i-m-perfect-a6d66a.jpg

You can't help but hear his voice in your head.

Is that the villain from Die Hard?? Ahh! Now I need to go rewatch the movie (like I needed an excuse...).
It does look like him. When I need an excuse, any will work nicely!o_O
YUP! That is Sir Alan Rickman, of such fame as Die Hard, Harry Potter, Sense and Sensibility, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and Dogma.

Also a member of the League of Coolest Voices Ever, which I just made up:
James Earl Jones
Jeremy Irons
Alan Rickman
Kevin Grevioux
Sean Connery
Ian McKellen
Patrick Stewart

YUP! That is Sir Alan Rickman, of such fame as Die Hard, Harry Potter, Sense and Sensibility, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and Dogma.

Also a member of the League of Coolest Voices Ever, which I just made up:
James Earl Jones
Jeremy Irons
Alan Rickman
Kevin Grevioux
Sean Connery
Ian McKellen
Patrick Stewart

Definitely to all of those (esp James Earl Jones!) And Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson. At least, they're on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giving it away for free

Writing For Children

Back