Don't bother getting an agent....

23 Writing Contests in October 2016 - No Entry Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emurelda

Basic
Feb 27, 2015
London
I am still a little stunned but I've just opened my email and found out that my entry to WriteNowLive has been accepted!

-------------
Dear Eiman,

We’re delighted to invite you to attend our WriteNow London event on Saturday 1 October.

We were amazed by the creativity, talent and passion shown by everyone who applied. Our editors were looking for quality of writing and originality – and you had it in spades.
----------------------------------------

Out of 1100 people 50 were chosen! I didn't expect to get through with odds like that against me. Yesterday I was about to sledgehammer my MS and start over when I wake up to find that I will have the opportunity to visit 80 Strand in London and have a one-to-one with an editor for the first 5,000 words! (as well as an opportunity to learn and network with many talented authors.)

I'm so grateful and nervous because I also wanted their mentorship too, which we will find out after the day out at Penguin Random House!

I'll have to step away from the sledgehammer, for now....

That's fantastic. Congratulations.

Thank you! I've been on a high since the news.

Congrats, that's amazing news! Good thing you held off on the sledgehammering!

Talk about a close call! Wow - just at the point of quitting something happened. I really am stunned still.

Congratulations! All that hard work paying off!

Thanks. My eye is on their mentoring prize too. I hope I get through to that. But I look forward to the 1 Oct and stepping onto the Strand to make my shaky steps to their premises.

I am still a little stunned but I've just opened my email and found out that my entry to WriteNowLive has been accepted!

-------------
Dear Eiman,

We’re delighted to invite you to attend our WriteNow London event on Saturday 1 October.

We were amazed by the creativity, talent and passion shown by everyone who applied. Our editors were looking for quality of writing and originality – and you had it in spades.
----------------------------------------

Out of 1100 people 50 were chosen! I didn't expect to get through with odds like that against me. Yesterday I was about to sledgehammer my MS and start over when I wake up to find that I will have the opportunity to visit 80 Strand in London and have a one-to-one with an editor for the first 5,000 words! (as well as an opportunity to learn and network with many talented authors.)

I'm so grateful and nervous because I also wanted their mentorship too, which we will find out after the day out at Penguin Random House!

I'll have to step away from the sledgehammer, for now....

That´s absolutely wonderful news! Go show them what you´ve got!

Love the love. Am nervous to give a talk tomorrow so very grateful for the encouragement here. Refuelling myself with it. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't bother getting an agent....

23 Writing Contests in October 2016 - No Entry Fees

Back