On writing...

K

Fanfare! Charity draw and book release

M

The Misery of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, Jason! Hope she gets some relief soon! I "injured" my wrist once. Spent months going back and forth to GP and physio, and it only got worse. Until a friend who is a physiotherapist said, "did they ever consider...?"

The problem was actually a tendon in my back (connected to the wrist)--in 5 minutes she had me sorted. Not a twinge of pain since. Sometimes it just takes getting the right person...someone who can think outside the box.

Good luck, Jason! Hope she gets some relief soon! I "injured" my wrist once. Spent months going back and forth to GP and physio, and it only got worse. Until a friend who is a physiotherapist said, "did they ever consider...?"

The problem was actually a tendon in my back (connected to the wrist)--in 5 minutes she had me sorted. Not a twinge of pain since. Sometimes it just takes getting the right person...someone who can think outside the box.
Wow. Come to think of it, I caught my wrist wrong six years ago, and it's given me trouble ever since... low on the list though. Just have to do push ups on fists instead of palms, and such.

It is insane, how much actually comes from your back...

We are almost certain it's a lumbar-spinal injury that has slowly deteriorated over the years, but in truth it could be stenosis, a bone spur rubbing a nerve, or any damn thing. She'll get "lightning bolts" down her legs, constant debilitating pain in her left knee and lower back, and a "pull" in her neck that sends pain through her shoulder to her left hand. Combine that with a wee bit of vertigo, and the fact that out apartment is off the second floor balcony on the complex courtyard, and it makes going up and down the stairs and getting in and out of the car every day akin to fighting in the Great War.

You would think that an MRI would be the thing to do then, asap. Does making a potentially litigious sounding noise work Different system in UK but when I have turned politely refusenik on them and declined to wait or to agree, a fast track has suddenly opened up. Compliant patients have added to a culture of treating the sick like sheeple.

I love it! This so describes my every interaction with doctors.

I have a pinched nerve in my back. At times it hurt so much that I couldn't move my left arm for the pain. I had had this going on for ten years. It flares up when I'm particularly stressed. Three years ago, I decided to go to a doctor. There I was in her office, crying out from the pain of it. I had to be helped to sit and lie down. All she did was rotate my arm and "sympathize" with me and then send me on my way. She didn't even tell me to ice it. I assume she thought I was just trying to get painkillers out of her.

I drove right from her office to the natural foods store and picked up a herbal remedy for pinched nerves. Worked like a charm.

What was it, @Meerkat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Fanfare! Charity draw and book release

M

The Misery of it

Back