Old newbie

Stealing: My Confession

How to test my mic

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keith A Jessop

Hello everyone!

My name's Keith and I live in England (not the UK, that's a group of nations). I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember but never considered publicising them. After bashing out fifty or so short stories and two or three novels, I tried my hand at screenwriting and found that it was the perfect format for me. I'm not great at long, wordy, flowery tracts of prose and really love getting down to the nitty-gritty of the story, so screenwriting suited me perfectly.

I've got half a dozen screenplays written but I'm really struggling with the "getting it out there" business - most agents won't consider you without representation and most producers won't look at you without an agent. Blah-de-blah. Not a new story, I know, but where the hell are you supposed to start?

Looking forward to "meeting" you guys and sharing inspiration, motivation, hands-around-the-shoulder stuff and general advice.

Soon

Keith

Welcome! I have a half-done screenplay -- I found it much more difficult than a story. I'd appreciate another's view on it at some point, but it's nowhere near ready to share yet.

Thanks for all of your greetings, fellow wordsmiths! Pete - profile pic added. Would love to contribute to the Flash Club - is it too late to tag onto the last one?

Bluma & Marc - love the screenplay format because I'm not great at producing great tracts of flowery prose - I'm very much a nitty-gritty, nuts and bolts kind of writer. Happy to share any tips and suggestions any time.

Thanks Katie. Been on S32 for a long time & it is a great site. Highly recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealing: My Confession

How to test my mic

Back