Status
Not open for further replies.

Matnov

Basic
Oct 19, 2014
London
Same old same old for me.

Write daily and move forward on my WIP.

Back off down to Dalmatia for a week of late Autumn/early winter sunshine (hopefully) but other wise its just plain old fashioned nose to the grindstone sort of stuff.

I'm immersing myself in the mind of a shell-shocked American Civil War cavalry officer, as he travels the war-ravaged land of Georgia in a second novella set in 1868. This makes a change from being haunted by the deductive reasoning of my main fictional character, a Cornish detective.

Competition season is coming to an end for writers, but I might enter a couple of poetry contests.

I'm headed to a children's writers workshop in just a couple of days, and hope to come back with lots of ideas and inspiration (and if I'm incredibly lucky, some interest from a publisher or two, though that's not my main goal for the workshop). A bit of a spanner in my October planning is a job I applied for--science communication, so right up my alley, and in an organisation my husband is a researcher in (so I've been complaining about their pathetic communication efforts for years:rolleyes:). Anyway, to my great surprise I was called in for an interview. Yikes! After working for myself for a dozen years, the idea of a job interview (and a job) is sort of freaking me out. But, new job or not, I'll be putting the final editing polishes on The Ipswich Witch in preparation for publishing in November, and editing The Dragon Slayer's Daughter. If I'm being really good, I'll finish writing the first draft of the second Anti-Mage book...but instead I'll probably start writing the next Dragon Slayer book because I'm far more enthusiastic about those books. There are also two short story contests I'm hoping to enter. Whew! Enough for October!

Better late than never! Another good month, WIP moving forward, daily target and beginning to rather like my main characters now. Looking forward to fleshing them out when it comes to the subsequent drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

34 Calls for Submissions in November - Paying markets

NaNoWriMo 2017

Back