Help! Nudge letters to agents

Help! British Library want Volunteers to test PLR system

The "Truth about Publishing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote-there-is-only-one-way-to-achieve-happiness-on-this-terrestrial-ball-and-that-is-to-have-either-a-ogden-nash-133999.jpg

Darn it, just got this... Where's the gong? Shame. Ding, ding. Shame. Ding, ding.

"Thank you so much for sending us ROSENDALE.

I did enjoy reading ROSENDALE, but I’m really sorry to say that it’s just not right for me as an agent. As you know, we are limited in the number of authors that we can sign up and, for that reason, we are only taking on clients whose work absolutely makes us want to shout from the rooftops! As you can imagine, there is not a huge number of such books and, while I like your writing, it doesn’t quite make it into that category for me. So I’m sorry to be emailing with disappointing news, but it isn’t enough for an agent to like your work, they really need to love it in order to do it, and you, justice!

I wish you all the very best of luck with your writing, Rachel. Thank you again for thinking of us."

Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry! Wine. Get more wine.

Is Rosendale the book about the young woman that finds the time-travelling notebook in her grandmother's attic?
No, this is a ... gosh I can't be bothered to explain it, so I'll just post the synopsis and first 30 pages. I've had a tiring morning dealing with money -that isn't there- , delivering glass to a gallery that may or may not sell it eventually, battling with the kids (not so young but you'd never guess they weren't technically adults)... and it is hot today 27° (and humid). The story you are talking about was something I was playing with, but am not sure if I want to continue (although I worked on it a bit, after you saw the sample I posted, and it made more sense).

Attachments

• Rosendale synopsis 2018.doc
    28 KB · Views: 2
  • First 30 pages Rosendal for agents june 2018.doc
    89 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! British Library want Volunteers to test PLR system

The "Truth about Publishing"

Back