Novel To Screen; Louise Doughty...

Book Review: James Patterson Master Class

The Fate of The Houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
...Talks about writing, the possible dusting down of earlier works post- breakthrough, and the new expectation on a writer (a burden of expectation?) that once a work has been televised, so will their next book be.

Apple Tree Yard

I watched it before I read the novel. And the TV drama was excellently well done, I thought, but somehow did a body swerve with the ending, and its handling of the betrayal in self-defence of of Yvonne Carmichael by Mark Costley.

The agent was Antony Harwood and the author's credits included mention of helpful legal professionals and Arts Council funding.

Last edited:
I submitted to Antony Harwood on November 5th last year, and am still waiting on a reply. He's one of several literary agents who are based in Oxford, and all of them are more approachable than most London agencies. I was attracted to his agency by the roster of existing clients, including Robert Edric--try his Booker shortlisted novel Gathering The Water.

It looks interesting, I like that kind of book, though the 'anachronistic breezy modern psychology' might get on my wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Review: James Patterson Master Class

The Fate of The Houses

Back