New Year Resolutions

My MS was accepted

10 (Warm) Writing Conferences in January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva Ulian

Nov 16, 2018
Venice - Italy
The reason why I've changed my mood recently to "overworked" is because a local firm has given me some translations to do for Christmas! Fortunately I don't find translating irksome, it's challenging to find the appropriate meaning of a word from one language to another- besides it's also extra money coming in- which I shall splash on red underwear for New Year's Eve- :lipstick:and then post a photo on Instagram- Like heck I will!

And you what are you going to splash out on?

For years my New year's Resolution, and something I posted all over internet was: "Be on the New York Best Sellers List"

However, I have since made alterations to that claim and now I do have a feasible New Year's Resolution. Since it's years I've opened an Instagram account and always meaning to post a photo there, but never did, so this coming year I'm resolved to fatten it up, given that publishers want your Instagram URL anyway.

And you, what's your New Year's Resolution? :clinking-glasses:images.jpg res.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently rejigging plans to self-publish the first four books of my Cornish Detective series, which was what I planned to do in the summer until Hodder & Stoughton toyed with my affections (and tried my patience!):mad:

My New Year's Resolution is to support the launch with a writers' blog (based on my Colony threads), a website devoted to my crime series and duplicating these sites with Facebook business pages. I will also do things with my neglected Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn profiles. I wish I could say that I'm looking forward to this, but repeating the same information is a chore.

To cheer myself up, I recently purchased a second-hand high-quality USB docking station, to add to my efficiency as a writer. The cheap versions I bought early in the year are sweatshop specials, the connection fitting where it touches and needing frequent jiggling about to work. The docking station will be part of my effort to be more efficient with time and writing.

I intend to try the BooksOffice venture, as part of my New Year's Resolution. It's a requirement, that one's books be for sale online, so this nudged me into returning to uploading to Amazon KDP Select.

Last edited:
'I shall splash on red underwear for New Year's Eve and then post a photo on Instagram- Like heck I will!'
Will what? Splash out on underwear or post the photo?
Me? I am going to splash out on my wife. This past year I have been obsessed with learning to write and writing and I know I have not been a good hubby. So we are off to a nice hotel on Monday for a few days then entertaining about 15 relatives for an elongated New Year bash.
With luck, I will recover by mid-January and will earn enough brownie points to be allowed to renew my obsession. :)
My hope for next year is that I will find a publisher for my now complete novel and if I do I promise to buy Eva some red underwear if she will wear it on the next Litopia Huddle! Deal???

My NYs resolution is to promote my book—shiny bits in between. On my sbib FB page, I plan to post a “shiny bit” every day starting Jan 1—a small but precious thing that I’m thankful for; also encourage others to share theirs.

My NYs resolution is to promote my book—shiny bits in between. On my sbib FB page, I plan to post a “shiny bit” every day starting Jan 1—a small but precious thing that I’m thankful for; also encourage others to share theirs.
I know it's still hush hush, but when is your book coming out? (Impressed by your publicity plans as my pub date is so far away I haven't even begun to think about such things!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

My MS was accepted

10 (Warm) Writing Conferences in January 2020

Back