• Thread starter Deleted member 1405
  • Start date

Taglines/Straplines

For anyone writing a negative character arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1405

Hi, I’m Jason and I’ve recently started writing, I’ve found a passion for something I didn’t even know I had an interest in and I was hoping there would be some like minded people here willing to help and give advice, I’m not sure my style would be appreciated or liked here but I’ve found a passion for writing romantic fantasy novels.
mid possible does anyone else enjoy this style and maybe have some work I could read through for inspiration?

Hope to hear off someone soon

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jason and welcome.

There are a few lovely people in this group that write in that genre, so you’ll be in good company.

May I suggest you take a look at some of the things in the Writing Workshop, to see what people are sharing, and the advice they’re looking for/receiving? Will help you get a handle on how the group works.

I hope you enjoy it here, and good luck with your writing.

Xx VH

Ahh brilliant il take a look thank you, do you know who else is into this genre that I could maybe reach out too? Thanks

Welcome aboard @Jason.p :) So glad you've found the passion to write, it's a lovely thing.

What kind of romantic fantasy? Adult or YA? The romance is a subplot? Or the fantasy? Sarah Maas kind of romance or V E Schwab kind? (I write a very specific kind of fantasy romance, but I'm still figuring things out myself so I don't know how useful I'd be).

I'd echo @Vagabond Heart, get over to the Writing Groups, have a read of how to critique in Litopia and get stuck in. Looking at someone else's work, whether in your genre or not, helps improve your own writing :)

Thank you for these replies it’s nice to be welcomed and supported, I was nervous incase I didn’t fit in!! I think more adult work at the moment because it’s easier to not be as careful in my writing really but I’m very new to all this but recently just found out I loved writing these story’s.
I will definitely check out some of the groups on here though thank you guys :)

Hello @Jason.p Welcome to Litopia. Sooner or later you'll hear about the Huddle so I'll give you the link to it. It's where any full member can meet other members face to face on video conference. Apart from next Saturday's which is a special tutorial given by @AgentPete on blurbs, we can bring along anything to discuss- our query letter, synopsis, the first 1,000 words and so on. You'll get instant feedback from those participating but most of all from the boss himself. Hope to see you there one of these Saturdays. The Huddle Hangout

Hi @Jason.p, and welcome! Glad you found us.

I'm sure you'll meet lots of like-minded people here on Litopia. We're a mixed bunch – which makes for lively discussions and lots of different styles and genres of writing. There are definitely lots of good fantasy writers here though. It's a popular genre.

As already mentioned, do check out the writing groups/Workshops. And don't be shy about offering your own critiques of others' work. Your opinions as a reader are as valid and important as anyone else's. As many members will testify, we learn a lot from critiquing others' work, too.

You can always submit the first 700 words of your own work to Pop-Ups if you'd like some advice on the beginning. That's on YouTube, Sunday evenings. There's excellent advice every week on writing and publishing in general. You'd pay a lot of money for the editorial advice our guests give for free.

I'm one of the Guardians on Litopia. If you have any questions, please get in touch. I look forward to seeing you around the Colony! :)

Just want to say thank you so much to all of you for the warm welcome :)

Hi @Jason.p

Welcome to Litopia. If you need any help please do send me a PM and I'll be happy to assist if I can.

This may be of use to you, as it details some of the key areas of activity in the Colony.

How-to Guide

Hello @Jason.p Welcome to Litopia. Sooner or later you'll hear about the Huddle so I'll give you the link to it. It's where any full member can meet other members face to face on video conference. Apart from next Saturday's which is a special tutorial given by @AgentPete on blurbs, we can bring along anything to discuss- our query letter, synopsis, the first 1,000 words and so on. You'll get instant feedback from those participating but most of all from the boss himself. Hope to see you there one of these Saturdays. The Huddle Hangout
The special huddle about blurbs is September, not this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taglines/Straplines

For anyone writing a negative character arc

Back