New app offers 'books for the Snapchat generation'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... this is the market we were targeting when I got involved with Tim Waterstone's project...

"He stepped up to the microphone to hear his own voice. Then the world ended."

How's that for an ultra short story? ;) lol
Hahahaha! I like it! (think Chevy Chase in "Modern Problems" after snorting the demon powder)

Last edited:
"After writing more than 100,000 pages, she decided to put the trilogy on hold and create another app." Wait...what? For a science fiction trilogy? 100,000 pages? That has to be a mistake, right?

I'm in two minds about this because the whole instant gratification thing bugs me, but I like seeing different ways in which writing can be used. One of my favourite features in games is seeing text messages or e-mails come through and being able to choose how to reply. I think the fact you read the story as texts coming up on the screen is pretty genius. It's like peering through a keyhole at someone else's life! I would prefer if they didn't allow users to upload their own content, but whatever, I'm interested in seeing how this goes. :D

"After writing more than 100,000 pages, she decided to put the trilogy on hold and create another app." Wait...what? For a science fiction trilogy? 100,000 pages? That has to be a mistake, right?

I'm in two minds about this because the whole instant gratification thing bugs me, but I like seeing different ways in which writing can be used. One of my favourite features in games is seeing text messages or e-mails come through and being able to choose how to reply. I think the fact you read the story as texts coming up on the screen is pretty genius. It's like peering through a keyhole at someone else's life! I would prefer if they didn't allow users to upload their own content, but whatever, I'm interested in seeing how this goes. :D
It goes to a similar medium as that new horror movie Unfriended — yes, I made fun of it too until I actually watched it, and it was a pretty damn okay movie.

Storytelling in the age of social media simply has new available avenues of conveying information. Cubism was every bit as controversial as the story-by-text, in its inception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back