New app offers 'books for the Snapchat generation'

Cheat! It's the only way to get published.

Uncommon social media avenues

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He stepped up to the microphone to hear his own voice. Then the world ended."

How's that for an ultra short story? ;) lol
Hahahaha! I like it! (think Chevy Chase in "Modern Problems" after snorting the demon powder)

Last edited:
"After writing more than 100,000 pages, she decided to put the trilogy on hold and create another app." Wait...what? For a science fiction trilogy? 100,000 pages? That has to be a mistake, right?

I'm in two minds about this because the whole instant gratification thing bugs me, but I like seeing different ways in which writing can be used. One of my favourite features in games is seeing text messages or e-mails come through and being able to choose how to reply. I think the fact you read the story as texts coming up on the screen is pretty genius. It's like peering through a keyhole at someone else's life! I would prefer if they didn't allow users to upload their own content, but whatever, I'm interested in seeing how this goes. :D

"After writing more than 100,000 pages, she decided to put the trilogy on hold and create another app." Wait...what? For a science fiction trilogy? 100,000 pages? That has to be a mistake, right?

I'm in two minds about this because the whole instant gratification thing bugs me, but I like seeing different ways in which writing can be used. One of my favourite features in games is seeing text messages or e-mails come through and being able to choose how to reply. I think the fact you read the story as texts coming up on the screen is pretty genius. It's like peering through a keyhole at someone else's life! I would prefer if they didn't allow users to upload their own content, but whatever, I'm interested in seeing how this goes. :D
It goes to a similar medium as that new horror movie Unfriended — yes, I made fun of it too until I actually watched it, and it was a pretty damn okay movie.

Storytelling in the age of social media simply has new available avenues of conveying information. Cubism was every bit as controversial as the story-by-text, in its inception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheat! It's the only way to get published.

Uncommon social media avenues

Back