• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Fanfare! My first illustrated book!

Robinne Weiss

Blogger
LitBits
I'm thrilled to have copies of my new book, Dragons of Aotearoa New Zealand, in hand! (and even more thrilled they came in time for the Tamariki Book Festival in two weeks). This was my first time working with an illustrator, and I absolutely LOVED working with Lily Duval on this! She brought her own geeky creativity to the dragons she drew, and was amazing working on a fairly tight deadline (a deadline that overlapped with the publication of her book, Six-Legged Ghosts). I doubt I'll do many more illustrated books (because they're EXPENSIVE!), but this was really fun.
IMG_2254.JPG

I'm thrilled to have copies of my new book, Dragons of Aotearoa New Zealand, in hand! (and even more thrilled they came in time for the Tamariki Book Festival in two weeks). This was my first time working with an illustrator, and I absolutely LOVED working with Lily Duval on this! She brought her own geeky creativity to the dragons she drew, and was amazing working on a fairly tight deadline (a deadline that overlapped with the publication of her book, Six-Legged Ghosts). I doubt I'll do many more illustrated books (because they're EXPENSIVE!), but this was really fun.
View attachment 18548
Massive congratulations It looks fantastic.

It's soooo pretty!

Must Have Want GIF by MOODMAN

Back