More is lost....

In nearly all.....

Discipline is....

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
More is lost by indecision than wrong decision. Indecision is the thief of opportunity. It will steal you blind.

Cicero

iu

'Discretion is the better part of valour'.

Elizabeth 1 survived as queen by making 'answers answerless.' when asked whom she would appoint as her heir should she die without issue. Drove her council crazy at times, but she knew what she was doing. We'd have had war had she said young James of Scotland.

Or named ANYONE.

I agree with Cicero, but only partly and I don't think I like him. I have decided.

'Discretion is the better part of valour'.

Elizabeth 1 survived as queen by making 'answers answerless.' when asked whom she would appoint as her heir should she die without issue. Drove her council crazy at times, but she knew what she was doing. We'd have had war had she said young James of Scotland.

Or named ANYONE.

I agree with Cicero, but only partly and I don't think I like him. I have decided.
I don't think Elizabeth was indecisive here (though she was concerning cutting off Mary's head). Rather, she did decide not to name anyone.

That's right, and that was exactly my meaning. To NOT make a decision may be the wisest decision, and she deployed it to strategic advantage, while people round her despaired, because they wanted her to commit. Clarity, clarity. Is a sacred cow, but now and then simplistic and an overrated benefit.

In nearly all.....

Discipline is....

Back