LITFEST: Litopia Gathering... October 2019

What makes a successful author?

hello everyone i am ANUSHA HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Jul 26, 2018
Ireland
@Barbara and I thought we should perhaps put this here for anyone who may not be able to access The Back Room.

This is a reminder for everyone here and and especially for all the newbies :)

We have planned our inaugural Litopia Gathering for the 12th October 2019

Our plan is to book a vegan restaurant in Cambridge for about 5.30, which gives us plenty of time before and after for talking and talking and eating and talking. And could we pick a more beautiful location?? (Thanks @Barbara ;) )

A few of us have booked rooms in the Royal Cambridge Hotel: this may be a good place to continue revelries after the meal; perhaps in the bar or foyer?

I WILL need numbers a week or two in advance to book the restaurant. If you are interested, let me know and will add you to a PM group.

Don't overthink it: just do it!! It's going to be a wonderful evening (I can feel it in my bones, and they never lie).

(And for those afraid of missing out on the meat component of the meal: I've been keeping my beady eye on two possible restaurants and, apart from winning awards all over the place, the food looks magnificent so I don't think there will be any objections. And if there are, you can complain directly to me, in writing, and I will steer you to a chipper and buy you a beer).

This sounds like it will be loads of fun and I’d love to be there! Sadly I’ve got commitments here in Brighton on the Sunday morning and I can’t imagine an afternoon/ evening in Cambridge with a bunch of writers would be a sober affair!

Well, should you be able to move your Brighton commitments... ;) ;) ;) we would be delighted to welcome you along!

ROLL CALL!!!

I need names so we can book the table. The Managing Director of LitFest (The Hon. @Barbara ) has given this warning: if you want a seat, PM so we can book. If you don't PM , you will have to bring your own chair, and table and oven and food and your own chef.

So, please, PM me because carrying around a chair and chef etc in Cambridge will be dreadfully cumbersome.

I'm tagging people who expressed interest in the original thread:
@HayleyG (I have you, just adding you here ;) )
@RainbowAlix
@Tim James
@Leonora
@Susan
@Robert M Derry
@E G Logan

For any Irish-dwellers, the airfare to Stanstead and bus to Cambridge is NOT expensive (and well worth it ;) ;) )

Well, @HayleyG, better one time too many. ;):) I'm so looking forward to meeting you.

@Rainbird and myself felt it might be wise if we give out the exact meeting details, like the venue, via PMs as this part of the forum is public and visible to search engines. So yes, please, everyone who is planning on going, PM either Rainbird or myself, and we don't mind how many times you PM.

There you go, it's now pinned at the top of the forum, and it can stay there until after the event. No bumping required. :)

There you go, it's now pinned at the top of the forum, and it can stay there until after the event. No bumping required. :)
Thank you @Rich.

… And why did that never occur to me to do? SIGH. I need one of these: :brain: Let's hope they sell them in Cambridge.

And Rich, how about a spur of the moment trip to the UK on the 12th??

Thank you, dear boy :)
And why did that never occur to me to do? SIGH.
You are demented with my incessant demands, that's why. I'll lay off for a few days ;)
And Rich, how about a spur of the moment trip to the UK on the 12th??
If not, we are booking you for October 2020.

I'll be over in *less than a week* with a suitcase-full of cakes and will feed you cakes and grapes on the chaise longue while serenading you.
Note to self: bring a cake knife, and cake forks, and cake plates, plus a wine making kit. Oh, and ear plugs. ;) Or do you take song requests?

Viking Fish n Chips on Milton Road is the best chipper in all of England, if someone is looking for food. I'll go next year if it is in Ireland (hint). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What makes a successful author?

hello everyone i am ANUSHA HS

Back