L

Latest LAD - France A La Mod - or, A Beer in Provence

Fanfare! Contract and Two New Releases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madeleine Conway

Hello.

I found Litopia circuitously - yesterday I started reading Mal Peet's final novel, The Murdstone Trilogy (am half way through, absolutely loving it, both as a satire of the publishing world and a parody of fantasy novels). I went back to Mal Peet's website - I knew he'd died at the beginning of March, but I just wanted to check just how autobiographical TMT is. From there, I found Redhammer and the suggestion to join Litopia.

My writing background is varied. I started out life as a journalist, and have written about refrigeration on container ships, natural gas markets in Europe and holographic labels on canned food... I then trained as a teacher and travelled quite widely. I've written several novels, five of which have been published under my grandmother's maiden name, Madeleine Conway, and after a hiatus while I completed a Masters in Education and moved from Belgium to the Isle of Man, I'm writing again.

I'm currently working on what I hope will be either a cock-roach killer historical saga or perhaps three more slender volumes in a trilogy, but recently, I've also submitted synopses and chapters to a well-known publisher of romantic novels.

There is a growing community of writers on the IoM, and a terrific literary festival entering its fourth year, but when I checked out Litopia, it seemed like a friendly forum.

Welcome Madeleine. Indeed it is a friendly group here, so I am sure you will enjoy it ;)

Welcome to the colony :) glad to have you with us.

Yes indeed, a very warm welcome! I’ve been to the IoM litfest - indeed it was then organised by a former Litopian, and a very good job he did too. Enjoyed my time there. :)

Welcome! Looking forward to reading your posts, as it seems you will have lots of wisdom to share! :)

Hi Madeleine - welcome and look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello and welcome, feel free to share ideas, ask for help, whatever you need, we're here to help

Welcome! Hadn't come across the 'cockroach-killer' expression before, but I can visualise exactly what you mean. Gray's Anatomy would do the job.
I suspect that there is a gap in the market for a romantic novel set on a refrigerated container ship that is over-run by cockroaches, but that could just be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Latest LAD - France A La Mod - or, A Beer in Provence

Fanfare! Contract and Two New Releases!

Back