Just binged on Pop-Ups...

September Flash Club is open

What Colour are Your Emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Katie-Ellen, nice to sort-of-meet you!

I'm a journalist by day, writing everything regional news basically (but I'm off on holiday at the moment) and I've written two YA sci-fi novels, the second of which I'm sending off at the moment. I submitted to the Pop-Ups about a month ago actually, so hopefully you might see it at some point.

Reading wise everything and anything really - Neil Gaiman to Salinger, Jon Ronson, Dickens. I'm trying to catch up on YA at the moment, as I'm submitting, so have just finished The Enemy by Charlie Higson and have started La Belle Sauvage.

Yourself? Obviously I've seen you on the Pop-Ups :)

I write fiction and verse; assorted non-fiction and articles published here and there. Some short form fiction published. Like many of us, I've got a finished novel in a drawer... a modern, local eco-horror story...and another one's finished. , but I'm just sitting on it for now, gathering the energy for one more beasting.

Reading...eclectic. Re-reading Natural Causes by Barbara Ehrenreich. Non-fiction. Killing ourselves to live longer? We like to think we're in charge of our health, but we ain't in charge nearly as much as we would like to believe. Modern heresy! But 25 years battling an elusive, medically unresponsive autoimmune condition makes me think she's probably got that right.

Welcome to you too @AuthorLMHinton :)

I write fiction and verse; assorted non-fiction and articles published here and there. Some short form fiction published. Like many of us, I've got a finished novel in a drawer... a modern, local eco-horror story...and another one's finished. , but I'm just sitting on it for now, gathering the energy for one more beasting.

Reading...eclectic. Re-reading Natural Causes by Barbara Ehrenreich. Non-fiction. Killing ourselves to live longer? We like to think we're in charge of our health, but we ain't in charge nearly as much as we would like to believe. Modern heresy! But 25 years battling an elusive, medically unresponsive autoimmune condition makes me think she's probably got that right.

Welcome to you too @AuthorLMHinton
That sounds interesting - especially as I'm about to go out and try killing myself by playing 5-a-side football (although I mainly do that for fun ;)). I like the sound of a 'modern, local eco-horror story' more though!

Thanks LMH, good to meet you! How's the weather in Dallas? Such a typical Brit sort of question I know ;)

So hot I can't walk my dog! But don't worry -- he'll be walked after dark. Believe it or not, it's one of the coolest days we've had in weeks (a veritable cold front) and my patio thermometer reads only 96 degrees (Fahrenheit) right now. *sigh*

I can't wait for cooler temps. :)

Hi Andy!
Your YA research reading is a fine collection.
Welcome to the Colony, you'll find plenty here to help you with your writing journey. :)

Hey Andy! A warm welcome to you :) The wait on Pop Ups is about 7/8 months unless you pay for a priority spot. Look forward to seeing it!

Hey Andy! A warm welcome to you The wait on Pop Ups is about 7/8 months unless you pay for a priority spot. Look forward to seeing it!
Hi RK, thanks for letting me know! How do you pay for a priority spot / how much is it? Sorry, I’m full of questions and don’t mind waiting in line, just keen to gauge reaction before I send out more submissions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

September Flash Club is open

What Colour are Your Emotions?

Back