June writing goals.

Book Review: 'Llama Sutra' by Melanie Whipman

An Example of 'Up-Lit.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not hoping for much, let's see … completing my manuscript and sending off submissions, getting multiple Agents begging me to represent it, publisher offering multi-million pound advance, novel an instant success topping all Fiction Bestseller Lists, Film Rights agreed with major Hollywood Film Company and then nominated for the Man Booker Prize. So that's the first week sorted ….

I'm on 34.5k in my ms. Finally got it in a chronological order and third person...trying to get it to 40-45k zero draft status..it won't be suitable for public consumption but at least it will be scrambled out of my mind. That's my goal for the month.

I don't think I'm going crazy...

Last edited:
On a more serious note, I have been giving my Sunday Submission 'Frozen Sea', a short back and sides, following Peter's advice. I have cut it down from 74K to 61K so far and it will completed in the next couple of days. It is a cathartic experience watching the word numbers decrease, I must admit and it will be a lot better, well hopefully! After a few weeks in the drawer, on a usb stick, I hope to be submitting a few chapters for review in the Writing Groups.

Last edited:
A bit of last month's' goals revisited, but some progress. Finish a new short story. It currently has a beginning and an end but, I have realized, lacks a middle. Get it, and one that was just rejected back out and submitted to a mystery magazine. Return to book 2 in the new series. I managed to write myself out of the hole and am moving ahead - finally. And finish revisions on book 1 and submit it somewhere TBD. Somewhere in there, I want to write a bit of flash fiction once the prompts are up. It also seems appropriate to read and comment at least once

I'm 45,000 words into what will be an 80,000 word novel, wondering if I've got enough room left to tie up all of the flailing loose ends I've created by having five different criminals operating in this story. It struck me that writing a novel is a bit like knotting cord together to make a macramé textile object...I'm still deciding which threads to join and which to leave unfastened—three of my baddies will be busted, while two get away with it.

Well, not hoping for much, let's see … completing my manuscript and sending off submissions, getting multiple Agents begging me to represent it, publisher offering multi-million pound advance, novel an instant success topping all Fiction Bestseller Lists, Film Rights agreed with major Hollywood Film Company and then nominated for the Man Booker Prize. So that's the first week sorted ….
But that's my plan. I'm sure I called dibs on that :D

I'm going to continue in my efforts to find representation for Book 1 and continue in my efforts to add fresh words to Book 3.
I'm also going to *maybe* have a go at the @AgentPete new Pop-up Submission thang.
Ulp.
It's the public nature of it that makes me a tad wary, but I may screw up the courage and have a go........

Progress. Plodding progress but progress none the less. Within the finish line for the redrafting of one book and am pleased, along with suitably chastened, allied with a mix of accepting that it is all a learning curve, about how much work it needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Review: 'Llama Sutra' by Melanie Whipman

An Example of 'Up-Lit.'

Back