Book Review: Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)

VOTING IS OPEN!

Question: What spring has sprung for you lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK Wallis

rk.wallis@myyahoo.com
Feb 15, 2019
Australia
jyw8VKYEiM1UDzPB7NsisUgBeJ8.jpg

Title: Jumanji: The Next Level

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Jake Kasdan

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Awkwafina, Nick Jonas, Alex Wolff, Ser'Darius Blain, Morgan Turner, Madison Iseman, Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Colin Hanks, Rhys Darby, Dania Ramirez, Darin Ferraro, Sal Longobardo, Massi Furlan, Michael Beasley, Charles Green, Shiquita James, James William Ballard, Marque Hernandez, Kodai Yamaguchi, Ashley Scott, Rory McCann, Bebe Neuwirth, Lamorne Morris, John Ross Bowie, Lucy DeVito, Marin Hinkle, Melissa Kennemore

Release: 2019-12-04

Runtime: 123

Plot: As the gang return to Jumanji to rescue one of their own, they discover that nothing is as they expect. The players will have to brave parts unknown and unexplored in order to escape the world’s most dangerous game.

My 13 year old walked out and said the Grandpa is the best character. And Danny DeVito carried the movie.

Both Danny Devito and Danny Glover were so much fun to see. But this really gave Kevin Hart, especially, a chance to shine. He had all the laughs! As a story, however, I still don't believe that Spencer would be so dumb. He needed to talk to a friend about feeling flat and insecure, that doesn't mean go back into a life destroying game from which you might never get out again. Also, none of these movies have bothered to address the mystery of Jumanji. How does this game work? How does it metamorph? (Is metamorph a word?) I think that would've been a far more likely scenario, and it would've captivated more. Imagine if Spencer had randomly encountered a 'Jumanji' symbol or character just 'out there' in the virtual world of the games college students play these days. If he thought Jumanji was trying to reinvent itself, and affect someone in town. He finds the old parts of the game while searching the basement for something to cheer his grandfather, accidentally sparks it, and then gets sucked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTING IS OPEN!

Question: What spring has sprung for you lately?

Back