Approaches to Writing

Amusement Out of the mouths of babes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matnov

Basic
Oct 19, 2014
London
Mr Boring here. Same again for me but hoping to finish the final draft of one book before moving onto the next. And buoyed by the thought that in less than a months time I will be by the sunny shores of the Adriatic with three weeks of nothing more than first draft indulgence ahead of me. Happy days!

I'm enjoying sitting outside with the laptop and writing late into the balmy summer evenings.

Book Three is currently on hold while I retackle Chapter 1, Book 1. Something about my first 600 words is clearly not grabbing agents sufficiently for them to want the rest of my manuscript. This must be remedied forthwith.

So, the goal for July (I hope it won't go into to August too, but you never know...) is to get the opening of Book 1 as zippy and zappy as possible so someone in the publishing industry will give the rest of the book a fair chance.

Doh! I meant July. Wishing my life away. Can some clever soul change it for me.

Managed to do it. What a tech head I can be.

I'm in the last 20,000 words of my WIP, looking for ways to conclude the investigations into five criminals' activities that will involve believable coincidences and unforeseen shocks. My protagonist detective is going to get laid for the first time in eight years, after being widowed, then stabbed by the antagonist...who he almost beats to death while bleeding out. What with the sex and violence, it's all going to get a bit sticky! :oops:

I also need to scold myself back into querying literary agents, entering competition and doing something about promoting myself as a writer—with a view to returning to self-publishing.

Here we are again!

Ok. Finished rewriting/proofing/editing one novel, and on the final bend with another so it has been a productive one. Solid progress would be my self-assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approaches to Writing

Amusement Out of the mouths of babes

Back