Is your character Earth? Air? Water? Fire?

Rant You’ve got to be kidding me...

'The End'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 604

@Katie-Ellen Hazeldine - I bet you know all about this one :)

Apart from me, who else uses Tetra-Mapping for their characters? Well for your protagonists :)

Fire -

A Fire person is intuitive in a creative way – fast and full of ideas – a contrast to stability, and constantly re-evaluates and reconstructs in an effort to obtain great results. A Fire person gives hope to his or her surroundings and maintains a strong combination of vitality and drive.

Water -

a Water person is characterised by a positive personal flow in all aspects. A Water person communicates well and has a well-developed emotional intuition, which helps them know when the timing is right to strike in order to reach a certain goal.

Earth -

An Earth person is a stable, persevering worker. They are realistic, economical and goal oriented. They judge their environment based on their achievements and they prefer to be judged on their own achievements as well. An Earth person can be very difficult to deal with if the parties disagree.

Air -

An Air person is innovative and outspoken – and often unknowingly opens up to other people’s inner thoughts due to their simple and straightforward approach to things. The people around them soon feel that they do not mean to pry but that they want to share knowledge and insight.

Try It - The Four Elements Test – What Are You? ⋆ LonerWolf - Its very interesting and fun, more so when you fill it in as one of your protagonist :)

Sorry, I'm not clicking that. I looked and I don't trust it. FB can do one. Your sun sign, Alix, and if you know it, your ascendant or rising sign, and your moon sign gives you a more rounded symbolic portrait of your elemental profile than your sun sign alone. Taurus for instance, is regarded as the strong silent type. My sun sign is Taurus, but Mercury in Taurus makes me, um, not quite so silent as Taurus is generally painted. And my Moon (temperament/hidden side) is in fiery Leo. We're all more complex than any single profiling test, but they are great fun.

Free Dark Tarot of the Decans takes a few minutes but if you trust this link, and you know your date, time and place of birth, that info will be flagged up free, top right. (briefly though, you'll need a pen and paper handy)

My mother does Astrology and Astrological charts for people. That includes the four elements, each sign of the Zodiac is either a Fire, Air, Earth or Water sign. Knowing that sort of thing can give you an opportunity to give your character a realistic birth date with a Zodiac sign that matches the character.

That is of course if you believe all that stuff. Normally, I'm a sceptic of such un-scientific things. But, from my mothers charting and descriptions she has given me of people she has never met but I gave her a birth date for, I have to say she is usually uncannily close in what she says about them, based only on what she "sees" in their chart. I want to say it's all hogwash, but I can't deny that there is something going on there.

@Tim James
I use it to create opposition for my Protagonist's and Antagonist's and for lovers.
For example If my main character is Fire, i'll make his lover water.
Or to make things even more interesting make them both fire.
As you can imagine I have so much fun doing that, a bit of sugar and spice, what could possible go wrong? :)

It's a symbol system, Tim, and the the planetary stuff is not an issue, scientifically speaking. Kepler was both an astronomer, of course, AND a mathematician AND an astrologer, and if he saw no conflict......

He was a self avowed sceptic but all the same, some of his horoscopes survive, including an accurate war prediction.

Last edited:
@Katie-Ellen Hazeldine , you've read the two chapters of Lost Time I've posted in the groups. What sign, etc. would you think best matches my MC's father? Or is there too little to go on?

He could be a rather disagreeable example of a classic Capricorn sunny side down, or a very naughty Taurus older male too used to going stampabout and not kept in check. No son of his is having a cheap wedding. That would be classical of a Capricorn man or a Taurus father on a really bad hair day. In Tarot language he might be the King of Pentacles reversed. Again, this is a negative presentation of the Taurus or Capricorn archetype. This would be a symbolic portrait of a man with many virtues, but liable, if he doesn't watch himself, to become overly concerned with money and prestige- his idea of it -and habit ridden, overbearing and socially morose, maybe even a bit of a bully. Not violent, but something of a bully. But usually not deceitful. True and faithful to his family. For a guess at his rising sign, I'd want to read more about him.

With Tetra-Mapping, archetypes for me it is very effective with my literature card questions such as:
What if...? Why did...? How did...? What would happen if...? What caused...? What might...? etc.
Brilliant for scene creating and steering direction of the story and dialogue, for me anyway.
And my Protagonist 'Abe Gray' is the hero incognito archetype :)

Oh yay! A quiz. I love me a quiz.

My character is fire. But I already knew that.

Let's see what I am.

They don't have writer for career... that's annoying. But I'm air which I'll take even though I didn't like some of their questions. Lots of fun! thanks!

As an Air person you are independent, curious and a free-spirit at heart!

Strengths: Intelligent, analytical, philosophical, kind-hearted, visionary, good communicator, creative, devoted, free-thinking, observant.

Weaknesses: Fanatical, ungrounded, impractical, socially inept, prone to boredom and depression, perfectionistic, controlling, dishonest.

Power Stones: Opal, amethyst, fluorite

Sacred Colors: White, blue

How the air type can become more balanced: Learn to root yourself to the earth with practicality and present-mindedness. This will stop you from drifting away in impractical, abstract thought.

Good grief. I wonder if the fire or earth one would sound just as accurate.

Its a good little Quiz, isn't it.
I have also used it on myself and guess what I'am FIRE :eek:
Opal and Amethyst are such pretty stones too :)
Well envious @Amber LOL
Yeah I answered them pretty quickly to, for a honest response best way pointless doing the Quiz otherwise.

Sorry, I'm not clicking that. I looked and I don't trust it. FB can do one. Your sun sign, Alix, and if you know it, your ascendant or rising sign, and your moon sign gives you a more rounded symbolic portrait of your elemental profile than your sun sign alone. Taurus for instance, is regarded as the strong silent type. My sun sign is Taurus, but Mercury in Taurus makes me, um, not quite so silent as Taurus is generally painted. And my Moon (temperament/hidden side) is in fiery Leo. We're all more complex than any single profiling test, but they are great fun.

Free Dark Tarot of the Decans takes a few minutes but if you trust this link, and you know your date, time and place of birth, that info will be flagged up free, top right. (briefly though, you'll need a pen and paper handy)

ANOTHER QUIZ! Yay!!

This isn't half bad Katie. I got Temperance, Judgment, The Tower, and The Lovers. I don't usually like The Tower but it was okay.

My number was 3 and my rising sign Scorpio. But I knew that. It gives lots of information. My sun sign is Capricorn. Cuz we rule the world.

But typical, not typical, what does it matter. The archetypes are based on reality, but we're individuals, not stereotypes. He could be a gambling Capricorn if you wanted him to be. You're the boss .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rant You’ve got to be kidding me...

'The End'?

Back