Inspiration/Story ideas

Raiders - An Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is marvellous – but SO daunting.
This guy is so good, but to think of someone who actually knows poring over some of the stuff I've written... And laughing, almost certainly laughing.

And he's so funny. That second one is great.
The stories I heard from Valhalla... Oh dear. My sons speak Swiss German that sounds a bit guttural. They were supposed to be playing Turkish bandits that are beating the character with whips. The line in Turkish was something like "Take that , you dog", but the dialect coach was busy so told them to just carry on in Schweizer Deutsch. If the story is good enough you can get some things wrong like in North Man. Just don't be Valhalla. Yeah, there are a lot of young archaeologists hanging around these days. All funny and very dishy. Must have been the Harrison Ford influence. If I were writing a romance it's be a toss-up between a young archaeologist and a plumber for my hero. If you need any help on swords or combat let me know. I can probably siphon off some info from the weapons experts.

This is marvellous – but SO daunting.
This guy is so good, but to think of someone who actually knows poring over some of the stuff I've written... And laughing, almost certainly laughing.
They love a good story. Give them that and they'll love the book. Put in some things like that tortoise brooch and they'll forgive you everything. Except getting battles wrong.

They love a good story. Give them that and they'll love the book. Put in some things like that tortoise brooch and they'll forgive you everything. Except getting battles wrong.
I 'walked' through my big fight scene with Barbara. (For which – and the laughs –many thanks.) She had me drawing, first, the bread knife, and then an ancient ladies' walking umbrella, in my bathroom. This was to check if a sword could be drawn in the space, which was the nearest I could find to the narrow room I was describing.
Answer: 'No. Not unless the 1503 villain is armed with my breadknife.'
So now the villain draws his sword slowly and quietly, out of sight behind villain 2. Meaner, nastier.

I also bought 'Write the Fight Right' (Alan Baxter) for the fist-fighting stuff. It's surprisingly hard to write. I hadn't realised, but that's something Lee Child, and some of his 'comps', are really good at.

I 'walked' through my big fight scene with Barbara. (For which – and the laughs –many thanks.) She had me drawing, first, the bread knife, and then an ancient ladies' walking umbrella, in my bathroom. This was to check if a sword could be drawn in the space, which was the nearest I could find to the narrow room I was describing.
Answer: 'No. Not unless the 1503 villain is armed with my breadknife.'
So now the villain draws his sword slowly and quietly, out of sight behind villain 2. Meaner, nastier.

I also bought 'Write the Fight Right' (Alan Baxter) for the fist-fighting stuff. It's surprisingly hard to write. I hadn't realised, but that's something Lee Child, and some of his 'comps', are really good at.
Good job. Barbara and my guys have conflicting mentors, but I can't argue with that. One of the HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) guys helped me write a scene where my character, an actor, fights the evil fairy King who's using a crook with a head like a crane. Archaeologists think it was used in ceremonies by Druids. I like the slower, nastier scene. I can visualise it. You might enjoy the Esfinges page on Facebook for women who do swords. I like the way you explained yourself above too. Very clean and clear writing. I bet your fight scene is tight.

Hello Pamela

In Europe seven out of ten (71.3%) agricultural farms are run by men. Of those run by women only 4.4% of them are run by women under the age of 45. Women face more barriers when it comes to taking the required steps to work in the agricultural field and deciding to dedicate their lives to farming. This is purely a cultural issue that we want to help change.

The best way to promote women's leadership in agriculture is to publicise more female-led agricultural projects, because today's agriculture is an inspiration for future generations.
Here we introduce you to some of our female farmers who grow organic produce:
"The women in my family have always struggled to make a place for themselves in the countryside. The name of our farm was chosen to honour my great-grandmother, who already worked on this land more than 100 years ago. I would be deeply proud that another woman in the family is now in charge of the project". – Nazareth Medina
“Me and my sister have been handed a great responsibility at a very young age. As young women running a farm on our own, it was very difficult to be recognized in such a male dominated market. But, we will never stop working on innovating our farm.” - Chiara Parisi
“CrowdFarming answers my prayers as a female farmer. Knowing who and where the goods come from - I swear, it's priceless. And for a mum, giving the best to her kids is always a top priority.” – Milana Daniela
“Being a woman in agriculture is not easy from a physical point of view. But, we women are very brave and sometimes more so than men. Courage is key for all women who live and work in agriculture.” – Stefania Goio

Last edited:
The wonderful Delphos dresses!
These true works of textile art were created by Mariano Fortuny in 1919. They were made in natural microplisated silk and were carefully dyed with natural dyes through an absolutely secret process. The dresses had Murano beads to give him weight and fall.
Mariano Fortuny promoted a true fashion revolution with her dresses inspired by classic antiquity, helping free women from the torment of corsé wear.
Peggy Guggenheim was a fan of these dresses and wore them for the rest of her life.
274533367_10227425353928971_5935719225903640247_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiders - An Appreciation

Back