I Was Born With The Wrong Name :(

Greetings, Litopians! I'm excited to be here!

Reality Check I bet many of us might relate to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit late to this discussion, but I think we're going to have to offer a "does what it says on the tin" title or subtitle to catch the searches. Some good suggestions above. We definitely need to tap into some of those audiences.

Switching to Agent Pete might be helpful...could you put your full name in a subtitle (would that also trigger the NOPE algorithm?)

I've been thinking about this. It may not be your name that is upsetting Amazon, it might be the shirt? Have you checked their algorithm for 'Hawaiian Shirts' It might be worth trying a different one to see what happens. Denim perhaps? Maybe wear a kilt behind the desk. Got to be worth a try.
:)

If Youtube algorithm finds the word "cox" questionable, imagine what it will make of "submission" ;) But on a serious note, there is a way around this problem. Try spelling Cox (or any other "objectionable" words with spaces between the letters.

Switching to Agent Pete might be helpful...could you put your full name in a subtitle (would that also trigger the NOPE algorithm?)
My name doesn't need to go into the title at all. But the title-description isn't what the algo is complaining about, see below...

I've been thinking about this. It may not be your name that is upsetting Amazon, it might be the shirt? Have you checked their algorithm for 'Hawaiian Shirts' It might be worth trying a different one to see what happens. Denim perhaps? Maybe wear a kilt behind the desk. Got to be worth a try.
:)
On a serious note, I did think about not wearing those shirts since they were associated with Proud Boys uniforms (yes, really). Honestly, I hope it hasn't come to that, tho...

If Youtube algorithm finds the word "cox" questionable, imagine what it will make of "submission" ;) But on a serious note, there is a way around this problem. Try spelling Cox (or any other "objectionable" words with spaces between the letters.

It's not the spelling, Chris. It’s the sound. Google/YouTube have speech-to-text algos (check the automatic subtitles) and according to the 3rd party software I’m using, my name is always a trigger now (never used to be). They analyse every show, and come up with other, mostly different, keywords e.g. last Sunday’s included “rectum” (ha!) “erotic” and so on. But my name is always on the list.

You can definitely see the drop in viewer numbers associated with a rise in trigger words detected. I’m certain Google have changed their algo to make it less tolerant of anything suggestive. The big media companies will certainly face a huge political inquisition in the States soon, and maybe Europe too, and they’re putting their houses in order before that. This is just collateral damage.

This is what we programmers refer to as The Scunthorpe Problem…

(Scunthorpe is a town in the northern part of the UK that for some reason keeps getting blacklisted on the internet. The moral here is: web site owners shouldn't trust computers to do jobs that require common sense.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greetings, Litopians! I'm excited to be here!

Reality Check I bet many of us might relate to this

Back