Hello!

Ask an Agent

Are you a Reporter or an Imaginer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham H Miller

Just joined on here. I'm in the UK, South Wales to be precise. Been writing for more years than I care to admit as it makes me feel old! Found this site 'cos I'm touting my latest novel around agents at the moment. It's a police detective novel based in and around Cardiff with plenty of mystery and action!

Will keep browsing til the Houses mysteriously open up for me :)

Cheers

Graham

Just joined on here. I'm in the UK, South Wales to be precise. Been writing for more years than I care to admit as it makes me feel old! Found this site 'cos I'm touting my latest novel around agents at the moment. It's a police detective novel based in and around Cardiff with plenty of mystery and action!

Will keep browsing til the Houses mysteriously open up for me :)

Cheers

Graham
Welcome Graham, to the show that never ends - and where the ringmaster AgentPete makes mysterious appearances. Cardiff, huh ? I passed through there in 2009, having just bought a bargain Jaguar XJ40 from a chap in an isolated village called Bedlinog. Good luck with your touting. I've been trying to flog my psychological thriller for seven months, with only a couple of semi-nibbles very recently.

Welcome, Graham! Good to hear another police detective novelist on here. Mine are based in the States, but a good detective works anywhere :)

This site actually has a lot of really good info and community. I, too, came here for the Houses, but ended up finding a place to discuss the writing life with other people who get it! Now the Houses are just an added bonus for me! It's really a fabulous place to be.

Welcome! What is up with Cardiff? Do all bad things happen there? (Doctor Who, Torchwood). Being in the states, I don't get it. Is it an inside joke?

Hello all and thank you!

It's Cardiff partly because it's my nearest city so I can easily pop over and mooch about scouting locations for the book. Also, quite a few years back, the BBC decided London was just too expensive and what with the Interwebnets you don't all need to be in one place. As far as I know, Children's TV went to Scotland, Current Affairs went to Manchester and Cardiff got all the Drama. There is a huge studio complex that has permanent Dr Who sets, plus Casualty and lots of others. If you live in the area, spotting locations is a great hobby in Dr Who as they're mostly within a 50 mile radius of Cardiff!

Figured it can't hurt if it ever gets successful that there'll be the talent in the area to make it into a TV type thing.

Thanks

Graham

There are all kinds of little tid-bits that can be learned here!

Hello all and thank you!

It's Cardiff partly because it's my nearest city so I can easily pop over and mooch about scouting locations for the book. Also, quite a few years back, the BBC decided London was just too expensive and what with the Interwebnets you don't all need to be in one place. As far as I know, Children's TV went to Scotland, Current Affairs went to Manchester and Cardiff got all the Drama. There is a huge studio complex that has permanent Dr Who sets, plus Casualty and lots of others. If you live in the area, spotting locations is a great hobby in Dr Who as they're mostly within a 50 mile radius of Cardiff!

Figured it can't hurt if it ever gets successful that there'll be the talent in the area to make it into a TV type thing.

Thanks

Graham
That is awesome! Oh and a very warm welcome from me too : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask an Agent

Are you a Reporter or an Imaginer?

Back