• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie F

Basic
LitBits
Hi all
My name is Jackie Forster I'm from the UK. I just found Litopia while searching for a literary agent and it seems like the place to get questions answered. I am a technophobe so this is all new to me. I still use a pen a paper to write my first drafts. Its nice to know I'm not the only one with questions.

Hi Jackie - welcome! (I share your guilty secret - I too like to use pen and paper to scribble, jot down ideas, play around with a story, etc)

Hi Jackie, welcome to the Colony! It certainly is a place for answering questions, but also for making connections, sharing critique, and growing as a writer. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Welcome Jackie! Never fear, there are plenty of us who appreciate paper and pen. Personally, I'm particularly fond of a good mechanical pencil for first drafts--the bonus being that in time the pencil will smear and become illegible. Never a bad idea to have a self-destructing first draft. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back