Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence

Basic
Mar 1, 2018
Jackson, Mississipi
Hello Everybody,

My name is Lawrence, and I'm new here. I like stories. Reading, listening, writing and telling I love it all!

A few years ago I finally sat my fat fanny down and started writing regularly. Mostly poems and short stories, but I was writing every day. I even got a couple of my stories and poems published!

Then my wife and I received a special little care package from heaven and suddenly my days were full of diapers instead of words. My wife wanted to stick with her career and my boss was fine with me working from home. So I became a house husband, or as I like to refer to myself, a home Poppy.

Funnily enough parenting a baby/toddler leaves little time and less energy for much else and so I stopped writing. For the most part. I couldn't just quit cold turkey, right?

So I post occasionally on Quora.com (which is where I found out about Litopia). And sometimes inspiration clobbers me with a sledgehammer of sleeplessness until I post a new poem on writerscafe.org. But the point is the flood became a tiny trickle.

Now my lovely little daughter is three. And she loves stories just as much as me. She is learning to read and wants to make her own stories too. And it's infectious.

I feel my fingers tingle and my brain buzz at the thought of writing again. She is finally old enough that I can steal an hour for myself to write and not feel bad about it. So here I am.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

I'll leave you with one of my micro stories. One that may tell you more about me than all the words above:

Think on this and all will be illuminated.
A dragon farts in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check You Tube Tutorials

Greetings

Back