Hello Litopians everywhere

Hello all!

Luck & the Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to a good place to be. I am a novice too so you are not alone.
Thanks Steve. There's so much we can learn by sharing as writers. I've been trying for years, but still make the same old basic mistakes. Love learning about the craft though. Great to meet you.

Hi Eva, good to meet you. I like to write comedy, but with a heart. I suppose 'make 'em' laugh, make 'em cry' is what I try to do, if that's not too much of cliche. How about you?
If you looked at Pop-Up submissions, you probably saw mine- transmitted 14th April. I enjoyed it immensely, but the best part, apart from the laughter that goes on, I am now able to revise it drastically and I've almost finished. :)

If you looked at Pop-Up submissions, you probably saw mine- transmitted 14th April. I enjoyed it immensely, but the best part, apart from the laughter that goes on, I am now able to revise it drastically and I've almost finished. :)
I think I did Eva. I'm sure I've watched that one, but will go back and take another look. It's brave to go on there, but it looks like you got quite a lot out of it. :)

I think I did Eva. I'm sure I've watched that one, but will go back and take another look. It's brave to go on there, but it looks like you got quite a lot out of it. :)
Yes, I did. I got 4 cats- actually, @AgentPete only wanted to give me 3 1/2 but he couldn't figure out how to split a cat up in half, so he succumbed to giving me a full 4 cats :D

Hi Rich, I write comic fiction but I like to include pathos, emotionally touching stuff to leaven the mixture. How about you?
Sounds like a good mix, the best kind of light and shade! Me, I mostly write fantasy, though recently I've had a stab at a realistic short, flexing the writer's muscles and all that. :)

I hope you'll like it here, Martin. Vis a vis your comments re Pop Ups, It's a brave thing to stick your head above the parapet. There can be no promises the writer will like it or even agree with it, (I've 'been there' myself, back in the day :)) The question is only, can they find a way to use it? We're all writers here, @AgentPete too, and we're rooting for writers. It's only ever a response to the writing project, not a judgement on the writer.

You're spot on there, Katie-Ellen. Beautifully put. It's taken me a long time to get used to not taking feedback personally, but I'm getting there. You need great sensitivity to be a writer but also have to be resilient and professional about feedback. Easier said than done, but the best way to get something out of it.

Hi Martin, good to see a fellow Kent resident join the Colony. Good luck with your submission on Pop-Ups!

you can never have too many Men of Kent or Kentish men (not sure which I am!)

I believe it is something to do with the which side of the River Medway, East or West, a person comes from. Those from West are Men of Kent and Maidens of Kent, while those from the East are Kentish Men and Kentish Maidens. However, I stand to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all!

Luck & the Writer

Back