Hello, I'm a new member

Book Commercial on YouTube...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Alexander, and seeing as I've only been here about a week myself, I'm not sure if I'm fully qualified to welcome you yet.

However, as a fellow 'newbie', I would suggest checking your spam e-mail daily, as agent Pete sends you a nice series of welcoming messages.

Hi Alexander, and seeing as I've only been here about a week myself, I'm not sure if I'm fully qualified to welcome you yet.

However, as a fellow 'newbie', I would suggest checking your spam e-mail daily, as agent Pete sends you a nice series of welcoming messages.
thanks for the heads up, Sam. I have started receiving them

Hi @Alexander Carter and welcome! Delighted you found us. Whatever you write, I'm sure you'll find lots of like-minded people here on Litopia. We're a mixed bunch but very friendly.

Once you get to know the place, check out the Workshops. Remember, don't be shy about offering your own critiques of others' work. Your opinions as a reader are as valid and important as anyone else's and will always be welcomed.

You could also submit the first 700 words of your own work to Pop-Ups if you'd like some feedback on the beginning. Lots of great advice on there from industry professionals every Sunday evening. I'm one of the Guardians on Litopia. If you have any questions, please get in touch. I look forward to seeing you around the Colony! :)

Hi @Alexander Carter and welcome! Delighted you found us. Whatever you write, I'm sure you'll find lots of like-minded people here on Litopia. We're a mixed bunch but very friendly.

Once you get to know the place, check out the Workshops. Remember, don't be shy about offering your own critiques of others' work. Your opinions as a reader are as valid and important as anyone else's and will always be welcomed.

You could also submit the first 700 words of your own work to Pop-Ups if you'd like some feedback on the beginning. Lots of great advice on there from industry professionals every Sunday evening. I'm one of the Guardians on Litopia. If you have any questions, please get in touch. I look forward to seeing you around the Colony! :)
Hello Ancora,

Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm pleased to be here. Two questions: i) is poetry welcome here? and ii) I have a short story (of approximately 1,500 words) that I would, perhaps, like to have critiqued. Should I submit it in parts (700 words and then the rest) or can it be submitted as one piece?

Thanks, in advance, for your reply.
Alex

1,500 words will be fine, Alex. Best to submit it as one Word document, if possible. People have submitted more than that, so you'll be fine. The 700-word submission rule is for Pop-Ups on Sunday evenings, so we can fit in five submissions every week in our allotted time.

And yes, poetry is welcome here, I'm glad to say. Check out The World Between the Words in the Forum List, although we tend not to critique on that forum. But if you wanted to submit something to the main writing workshops, I don't think that would be a problem.

Hope that answers your questions :)

1,500 words will be fine, Alex. Best to submit it as one Word document, if possible. People have submitted more than that, so you'll be fine. The 700-word submission rule is for Pop-Ups on Sunday evenings, so we can fit in five submissions every week in our allotted time.

And yes, poetry is welcome here, I'm glad to say. Check out The World Between the Words in the Forum List, although we tend not to critique on that forum. But if you wanted to submit something to the main writing workshops, I don't think that would be a problem.

Hope that answers your questions :)
Hi Ancora, yes - you've answered my questions. Thanks so much.

Welcome aboard, Alexander!

Do join us in the Genius Room for Pop-Up Submissions on Sundays (5pm UK). It's a great idea to subscribe to the Litopia Youtube channel so you don't miss a chance to peer inside Agent Pete's agenty brain :D and throw in your own thoughts and advice, too.

Poetry is most definitely welcome and there are several poets in the colony.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Commercial on YouTube...

Back