Hello from Yorkshire, UK

Spoonerisms

Read dis, den dat: YA & Adult Novel Pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Potboiler

Just joined after being introduced to Litopia by a very good friend who was active here a few years ago and is convinced it was an important step in developing his writing skills and, recently, becoming a published author. I retired a few years ago and after a career writing as a researcher and academic I'm keen to take on creative writing as a new challenge. The freedom of not having to check facts and having to document and reference everything is very appealing! But I'm sure there will be plenty of new challenges to deal with. I think I'm going to start by having a go with Flash Club.

Welcome and your friend is correct :)

Which academic field was your research in, if you don't mind sharing?
My uni friend and me studied the magnetic field data of Voyagers 1&2. :D Am rustier than both probes now.

Hello and welcome. In the crazy world of writing this is a good place to be, although it's been said the crazier you are, the more you will fit in. No idea who said that, but I'm sure you'll enjoy being here ;)

Blown away by the welcome from everyone. Looks like I've got a couple of trophies too! I've a lot to learn but this looks like the place to be to do it.

Welcome and your friend is correct :)

Which academic field was your research in, if you don't mind sharing?
My uni friend and me studied the magnetic field data of Voyagers 1&2. :D Am rustier than both probes now.

I worked as a lecturer in the School of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Leeds. My main areas for research and teaching were social science research methods, social theory, society and the environment, criminology, globalisation and the sociology of science and knowledge. As you can see, a jack of many trades but probably master of none although teaching was my main enthusiasm. The only part of the job I miss really is working with the students as a collaborative learner, especially the postgrad students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonerisms

Read dis, den dat: YA & Adult Novel Pairings

Back