• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Welcome… I’m New Here! Hello from Hillie!

Select this prefix to introduce yourself here!
LitBits
Hi, I'm Hillie Marshall and I live in London. My reading taste is crime novels. My area of writing has been self-help books (3 published), as an Agony Aunt online and in print and I recently wrote my memoir 'My World's a Stage' and am actively looking for a literary agent or publisher. My career started as a radiographer at Westminster Hospital in London, which led to a showbiz career in opera, musical comedy, pantomime and cabaret. Then I formed a production company producing 'Old Type Music Halls' and Variety shows, and in the late 80's I founded one of the first UK dining and social clubs for singles called 'Dinner Dates' which I ran for twenty-five years before selling it with over 17,000 members. I love travel and walking in the countryside.

Hi Hillie,

You’ve certainly been keeping busy :-)

Hope you find Litopia a real help in achieving your writing goals.

Anything you may need help with on the site please do drop me, @Barbara or @Ancora Imparo a message (we’re Guardians) and we’d be delighted to help.

This is a great place to check out some of the main areas and explains how they work.

Hi Hillie

A fellow showbizzer. Nice!

Welcome to the Colony! Great to have you on board. Any questions about the site, please message me. I'm one of the Guardians and always happy to help.

Do check out the Colony Notices to familiarize yourself with how the site works – The Prime Directive is the foundation of our ethos. For literary chat and general socializing, Café Life is THE place to be. We also have a Flash Club to stretch your writing muscles, and a poetry area, plus much more.

So get stuck in. You'll see that the more you put in, the more you get out. You'll learn a lot here.

Hi, it sounds like you've plenty of interesting stories to tell. I can't wait to read them!

Back