The Getting of Wisdom

Dealing with Critics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady M

Basic
Feb 27, 2018
West Bromwich
I'm new to this elite club but have been writing for over twenty years. Have 8 published works, 1 pending and working on #10. Writing and publishing has changed considerably over the years and I think we need to encourage each other to keep going and stay positive and optimistic. We should write for ourselves and personal satisfaction rather than profit. I know of someone who has written 10 books, given over 2000 copies away and is giving up because he has not had one review. We must not be defeated in this modern age. Promotion is the key factor and comes before profit. I see writing as a hobby and an expensive one. If I had to rely on it for survival I'd be living in a tent in a field by now. That's the way it is folks. Stay happy!

Welcome to the Colony! :) What do you write, and who is your publisher, or are you self-published? I'm published in romance with Evernight Publishing and Siren-BookStrand.

Hello,

I write mainly fiction but a couple of non-fiction as ebooks. Self-published but moved to what was a traditional publisher in the States... SBPRA, although they are now self-publishers. It's where the money is and they then charge for marketing which is expensive and not really worth it but they are cheaper to use for publishing than the UK ones. Look After Each Other!

Welcome to the Colony! :) What do you write, and who is your publisher, or are you self-published? I'm published in romance with Evernight Publishing and Siren-BookStrand.

Hello and welcome. I have a lot of respect for people who go it alone. Personally I wouldn’t be without the weight of a publisher behind me - particularly with the marketing!

You say fiction but don’t say what genre. Do tell us more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Getting of Wisdom

Dealing with Critics

Back