Hello everyone!

It's Snowing in London!

Challenging Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2018
Manchester
Hi everyone, I'm new to Litopia. I write YA and fantasy/speculative fiction, mainly. By day, I work as an editor and proofreader for publishers and the occasional indie author, and I squeeze my writing in when I can. My life basically revolves around words, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Outside of all the word-related stuff, I'm pretty nerdy in general – I like video games, anime, binge-watching Netflix, the usual.

Good to meet you all!

Writer, Editor, Nerd, Video games, Binge-watch Netflix :)
They say great minds think alike ;)
A very warm welcome to you Rachel.
Alix

Hi Rachel and welcome! I write YA fantasy too, set in an alternate medieval China. (I've been saying set in an alternate ancient China because I like the alliteration, but my story is in the 'Warring states era', so medieval China is more accurate. )
So, what kinda book are you writing at the moment? :)

Hi Rachel and welcome! I write YA fantasy too, set in an alternate medieval China. (I've been saying set in an alternate ancient China because I like the alliteration, but my story is in the 'Warring states era', so medieval China is more accurate. )
So, what kinda book are you writing at the moment? :)

Thanks for the welcome! I love the sound of a YA fantasy set in an alternate medieval China – great idea! I really like fantasy inspired by diverse cultures. At the moment I'm writing a YA supernatural thriller about a bunch of girls going missing in a small town. I'm really enjoying it so far, as it's quite unlike anything I've written before.

Hi Rachel, fellow editor and proofreader from the SfEP (Shuna Meade). I knew I recognised that photo. It's great that you've found Litopia. I've been a member since its earlier iteration back in 2009. This is a wonderful group of writers who freely give of their time and advice. Welcome aboard!

Hi Rachel, fellow editor and proofreader from the SfEP (Shuna Meade). I knew I recognised that photo. It's great that you've found Litopia. I've been a member since its earlier iteration back in 2009. This is a wonderful group of writers who freely give of their time and advice. Welcome aboard!

Oooh hello, Shuna! I didn't expect to come across another SfEP member here, so that put a smile on my face! :) It certainly seems like a great group already – I took part in live submissions on Sunday and everyone was lovely.

Thanks for the welcome! I love the sound of a YA fantasy set in an alternate medieval China – great idea! I really like fantasy inspired by diverse cultures. At the moment I'm writing a YA supernatural thriller about a bunch of girls going missing in a small town. I'm really enjoying it so far, as it's quite unlike anything I've written before.

Your YA supernatural thriller sounds intriguing! And fun to write! :)

Just listened to the Pop-up submissions with your manuscript about Cosplay, Rachel. Interesting theme and strong voice. Good luck with submissions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Snowing in London!

Challenging Reading

Back