A

Reality Check I'm back, I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonsage

Basic
Jun 11, 2017
Serbia
Not a published author (unless you count brief but very successful flirt with HS/Uni newspapers), but it has always been something I thought I would end up doing.. being a career writer.
It hasn't happened yet, but the dream is very much still alive, and I'm gathering the courage to live it.

I write mainly short stories, but have been known to write poems, too. Occasionally. ;)

English is not my native language, but I write almost exclusively in it. Why? It started as an exercise to improve my grade in HS English class. Ended up with me falling in love with the rhythm and intricacies and the feel of the language..

Accidentally stumbled upon here chasing after the flash fiction challenge I'm sorely tempted to try.
Love that support platform like this exists - and wish I've learned about it sooner.
But here I am and there you have it;
hello everyone!
I'm looking forward to learning alongside you all. :)

Hello there...moon sage (she said, sipping sage tea, fresh leaves; don't totally like it as a tea, but if it does the job....)

A pleasure to virtually meet you. :)

Pleasure is all mine ;)
Mind if I ask what kind of job the sage tea does, actually? Cause it sounds.. really unappetizing.

It tastes a bit...how do I describe it? Sweetish but sweaty. Borderline yuk. No, don't love it, but do like it as a culinary herb, as a tea; reduces hot flashes. USES

What's your native language?

It tastes a bit...how do I describe it? Sweetish but sweaty. Borderline yuk. No, don't love it, but do like it as a culinary herb, as a tea; reduces hot flashes. USES

What's your native language?

Well, as long as it helps, I guess.. My mom used a tea she made with mint and red rasperry leaf.. I can vouch it didn't taste bad at all, and she loved it.

My native language is Serbian, however I was born in an era where it was still called Serbo-Croatian, so I do speak and translate from both, plus Bosnian and Montenegrin, which are quite similar.
I can manage Macedonian a little bit, and my Italian and German are quite rusty, I'm afraid.

Welcome to the Colony Moonsage. For someone whose native language isn't English, you do better than many who know no other language (no-one here of-course) ;)

Well, as long as it helps, I guess.. My mom used a tea she made with mint and red rasperry leaf.. I can vouch it didn't taste bad at all, and she loved it.

My native language is Serbian, however I was born in an era where it was still called Serbo-Croatian, so I do speak and translate from both, plus Bosnian and Montenegrin, which are quite similar.
I can manage Macedonian a little bit, and my Italian and German are quite rusty, I'm afraid.

Yes, mint is nice and anything raspberry :) And your English is excellent. One would never know it was not your native language.

Alistair is my real name. Funny story, originally it was Neal, but Mum start Dad couldn't pronounce it properly, saying 'Nil'! Mum reckoned I wasn't nothing and looked for another name, and my brother who would have been 16 (and is therefore that many years ahead of me), suggested Alistair. Oddly he doesn't remember that fact! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.J. Greystoke says hi.

A

Reality Check I'm back, I think...

Back