Hard to believe publishers would do this

Last one! Family room trees and mantle

Christmas trees two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games publishing isn't all that different to book publishing imo. And yes if you are resistant to change then you will be slaughtered. It took a long while for me to realise that going digital as complementary to the physical was vital to stay relevant at least. Although established offline gaming companies however small or medium sized seemed to weather the digital storm quite well.

We're told that it's so easy to publish now because of all this technology but it isn't really - apart form the logistics of getting it done - it doesn't include sustaining your published product. You need to have that network of contacts and that experience in the publishing industry as well as a good fan base. But the latter doesn't come so easily. Neither do but understanding what it takes helps realise the cost barrier to getting into the industry. It's not easy.

Ebooks seem to be a growing sector of the publishing market, I can't understand why a company wouldn't want to cash in, as it were. Another line of products is another line of revenue, after all. I could see why some publishers would want to appeal to the purists of the reading world, some people prefer to hold a 'real' book.
Was there such a problem when music tapes converted to cd's and then onto the mp3 and ipod generation? Though I watched a video on FB the other day, where two teenagers took about 5-10 minutes trying to put a tape into a Walkman :eek:

Ebooks seem to be a growing sector of the publishing market, I can't understand why a company wouldn't want to cash in, as it were. Another line of products is another line of revenue, after all. I could see why some publishers would want to appeal to the purists of the reading world, some people prefer to hold a 'real' book.
Was there such a problem when music tapes converted to cd's and then onto the mp3 and ipod generation? Though I watched a video on FB the other day, where two teenagers took about 5-10 minutes trying to put a tape into a Walkman :eek:

Throwback monday! Walkman...aah man. I remember listening to tender love whilst reading a Dean R Koontz novel at night. Kept me calm from the scary parts! lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last one! Family room trees and mantle

Christmas trees two

Back