Going Postal, well anyway, regionally Celtic Tribal

E

Greetings!

Is this one definition of being a writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This island has a long history of invasions, all ghastly, all smoothed down over long, long time. But a DNA map of modern Britain, I find it surprising, suggests many of us never moved far from these familial tribal territories. Those damn Saxons pushed the Britons west. I am in the land of the Setantii here on the Fylde coast, which was later Danelaw. You can't see it here on this map but it was a sept of the Brigantes. Sentanta was the birth name of the Irish folk hero Cuchlainn, and historians think this tribal name was connected.

Very topical! I've just finished a novel about the same period 55 BC entitled Iron Blood & Sacrifice (The Sons of Beli Mawr).
The remaining history is fractured and contradictory at best, making a reasonably accurate stab at an historic event problematical. The map you show was part of the inspiration and my early research. The storyline of my novel is based around the known happenings in this time-frame and I hope I have captured somewhat, the wild nature of the period. I have used too where possible, the main character’s names, who were real enough, so are the strongholds I’ve chosen for the tribes and the locations for the events that unfold. My stubborn adherence to the historic timeline caused many sleepless nights but I got there in the end. The liberating thing about the paucity of information and Non-Roman resource, is that it allows for a great deal of artistic license and although it became a bit of an obsession, I really enjoyed the process. Looking for test readers currently, so if you're interested in a historic romp with a very 'Welsh' twist, please contact me and I would be delighted to share the MSS.
Regards,
Eifion

Attachments

• IBS Iron Age tribes of Britain.png
    IBS Iron Age tribes of Britain.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
One of my favourite history books is called ´the age of arther´by welsh historian Johhny Morris, tells the story of Vortigen and Briton from 250 AD to the coming of the Saxons and Angles, a time of flux between Roman Britan and Celtic Britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Greetings!

Is this one definition of being a writer?

Back