Fanfare! Flash Fiction....

Book Cave

Question re: middle grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Taylor, and best of luck with your sub :) The more good news to share, the better! No-one here sells to anyone else...but we have one or proofreaders and editors among us, and of course they have their own insights and experiences to bring to the table.

I.T. has been an absolute godsend, physically unable to get out and about so easily as before. Has kept the world wide. 1993, I remember telling students that this thing was coming soon, 'The Information Superhighway'. aka the internet. The speed of development has been incredible. Too fast, probably.
I received a reply acknowledging receipt, I did not send a contribution... Thank you for the tip.

Sorry for my confusion, Bill @Taylor W. S.

Financial contribution did you mean? Paying to be published? Writers ought not be charged. It's a yes or a no. Entry fees. Nope. Many of the really big, prestigious literary prize competitions ask for those of course. Does it reflect ill on the winners? Big can of worms. Charging, or alternatively asking for contributions. I see lots do on Submittable. Tricky. But they would have to be extremely short sighted, I reckon, to reject work that represents their publication with any degree of credibility, that they can then promote as they do via social media, for lack of a mere couple of dollars. Best of luck.

I live in Germany, Britain is leaving the EU. Result: 22% less pension due to the fallen (falling still) exchange rate. When applying for passport renewal I was informed (with €5,000 credit from my son's account) 'Funds not available' meaning 'no passport.
Would that make a good flash fiction tale?

Writers ought not pay. They don't need to to submit work to Crack The Spine. I sympathise. I'm disabled, working self-employed from home.

@AgentPete asks us not to discuss politics here, but I don't see why not, Bill.

The story posted here began as an entry in Litopia's monthly Flash Club. That was my reason for this post.

The 'leap' in its title came from the prompt that month. I hope you'll give the Flash Club a go sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Cave

Question re: middle grade

Back