Films which are better than the books that they are based on

L

Serial Killers of the World Unite!

J

Guess what's coming up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to ask... lol. The answer to that question is...
tumblr_mgpc1nVMLh1rziwwco1_250.gif
3ac67e34497632c44e9ecccb8a8912b9b551a9cd134a9a9f24975e414c36161d.jpg

I thought LOTR movies were better than the books, too! There. I said it. LOL!!

I think I read an interview with Ian Mckellan about the LOTR movies, where he was asked about the way they were filmed and divided into movies. I can't recall the exact quote but his response was basically that what takes a sentence to describe in a book can take up to a minute of screen time. No wonder the movies are so long and in so many parts!I have over-watched those films though, I used to know the Elvish by heart! (Geek shame)

My daughter insists that the Rings films copped out because it was obvious that Frodo and Sam should have shacked up together, possibly with a poodle or two.

My daughter insists that the Rings films copped out because it was obvious that Frodo and Sam should have shacked up together, possibly with a poodle or two.

I've heard similar things about Merry and Pippin tbf. On a somewhat related note, I remember reading just after 9/11 that a group of people were trying to get the name changed on Book 2- The Two Towers. Like, yeah, that was going to work! :rolleyes:

Has nobody mentioned Twilight yet? Mediocre writing (he complained) but a great story well worth filming - and it made some really good movies.

Has nobody mentioned Twilight yet? Mediocre writing (he complained) but a great story well worth filming - and it made some really good movies.
I think if they had substituted the Bella actress I would be much more inclined to agree with you, I should point out... I have all the films, but I would have preferred them with a better female lead.

I think if they had substituted the Bella actress I would be much more inclined to agree with you, I should point out... I have all the films, but I would have preferred them with a better female lead.
You know, Stephanie Meyers' number-one choices for Edward and Bella were Henry Cavill and Emily Browning?
tumblr_mxlq0vo2Mw1squubko1_1280.jpg 10504296_ori.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Serial Killers of the World Unite!

J

Guess what's coming up...

Back