Fay Weldon's comments re writing, and how not to write your novel

Amusement Inconsistent Vowels (or 'Why I love Italian')

DAW Books Opens Its Doors to Sci-Fi and Fantasy Writers - No agent needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alchemy isn't it, not a recipe. There is no recipe, except that boring is the kiss of death. The reader/agent/publisher loves what the reader/agent/publisher loves. The writer's work is the craft of the coal face.

I detect a certain irony in Amber's response.

I saw 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil' on the box way back, but I haven't read Fay Weldon. Something doesn't click. The problems in her stories don't click. But she's earned her chops, and maybe I ought inform myself better. So many writers...so many books...

I detect a certain irony in Amber's response.

I saw 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil' on the box way back, but I haven't read Fay Weldon. Something doesn't click. The problems in her stories don't click. But she's earned her chops, and maybe I ought inform myself better. So many writers...so many books...

I think I'm one of about two people who liked the American movie. It seemed to make fun of itself... silly and over the top. But this version looks like it takes itself too seriously. It makes me wonder if the book was just plain mean.

Her advice made sense. It only occurred to me .. this writing thing is hard, something I'm learning by messing up my own writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement Inconsistent Vowels (or 'Why I love Italian')

DAW Books Opens Its Doors to Sci-Fi and Fantasy Writers - No agent needed

Back