Fantasy doesn't....

I used to think....

I'm basically....

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
'Fantasy doesn't have to be fantastic. American writers in particular find this much harder to grasp. You need to have your feet on the ground as much as your head in the clouds. The cute dragon that sits on your shoulder also craps all down your back, but this makes it more interesting because it gives it an added dimension.'

Terry Pratchett

iu

I have nearly all of TP's books on a CD but have never read them. I do believe I may be missing out but I don't really know where to begin. Suggestions anyone?

I have nearly all of TP's books on a CD but have never read them. I do believe I may be missing out but I don't really know where to begin. Suggestions anyone?
The entire Discworld series is a treasure, and you don't have to read them in order. I would recommend Mort as a good starting point. If you let me know what you liked about it, I can recommend from there.

Brilliant. Thanks Mb. Just got something to finish and will make it next on my list.

Thanks both. It had been bunged onto my Mindle in readiness.

I have left my typo as I’d much rather Amazon had named the Kindle the Mindle.

The entire Discworld series is a treasure, and you don't have to read them in order. I would recommend Mort as a good starting point. If you let me know what you liked about it, I can recommend from there.

I'd also recommend Mort. Although The Colour of Magic, the first book, is a solid introduction.

4 for Mort. It was my introduction, and I still think of it in odd moments (it's been quite a lot of years, but the recall is clear).

I used to think....

I'm basically....

Back